Cabo and Food Selections

Hi I will also be on the Elation- 6/5/08 to Cabo. My aunt has been and said that Cabo Wabo is the best restuarant/bar there. Best guacamole and good food. I suppose they will have good seafood. Hope that helps! Have fun!:p

Hi I will also be on the Elation- 6/5/08 to Cabo. My aunt has been and said that Cabo Wabo is the best restuarant/bar there. Best guacamole and good food. I suppose they will have good seafood. Hope that helps! Have fun!:p

From what I hear the Cabo Wabo is very overrated. I heard a lot of complaints of the prices being outrageous and just average food and drink.

From what I hear the Cabo Wabo is very overrated. I heard a lot of complaints of the prices being outrageous and just average food and drink.

I second this on the food. What we had was good but I wouldn't go back and I don't remember if they had seafood on the menu. But they did have good margaritas.

Here's the link to their menu: http://www.cabowabo.com/cwa/menu.php?

I've never cruised to Cabo, but did stay at a resort last year for 7 days and had the opportunity to sample a lot of the food. The Stop Light Cafe right near El Squid Roe is very good. Very authentic. It's an outdoor cafe.

Try Ole Ole in the marina if you like paella and gazpacho.

This place sounds good!

I wouldn't recommend Cabo Wabo, Giggling Marlin, Hard Rock or Squid for food. Squid did have good guacomole. The waiter actually gave us a free round of drinks since we requested alot of jalapenos.

We like the small places in the marina off the boardwalk area. It is a fun place to have chips, salsa, guac, fish tacos and a few beers. The only name I can think of right now is Margaritaville. There are a variety of places to check out. It is also a great place to people and pelican watch!

We like the small places in the marina off the boardwalk area. It is a fun place to have chips, salsa, guac, fish tacos and a few beers. The only name I can think of right now is Margaritaville. There are a variety of places to check out. It is also a great place to people and pelican watch!

Just so there is no confusion........this is called Margaritavilla it is not associated with Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville.........

Hi all,

I would like to hear your opinions on the best place to enjoy seafood in Cabo. Will be on the Elation in June and want a great seafood experience while in port.

Thanks

Try any of these:

MACOMBO’S- seafood- simple deco, great prices and excellent food-up Vicaro St. from D.T.

PEPE’S- Mexican-across from the mall

ZAPATA’S- Mexican- across from the mall

STOP LIGHT CAFÉ- very good food and great people watching-next to Squid Roe

CRAZY LOBSTER- cheap seafood and the cheapest tequila shot in Cabo-Hildago St

SLEEPLESS LOBSTER- $2.00 omelets $5.00 lobster omelets-behind Squid Roe

SPENCER’S- $2.50 breakfast-in the Mar De Cortez hotel

MISSION DE KINO’S- excellent seafood -dirt road next to Mar De Cortez hotel

EL CORAL- excellent daily specials- across from Tesoro Hotel

TACO LOCO- 4 tacos and a beer $7.00- next to RIP’S

MAMMA’S- excellent breakfast, little expensive (Felix’s in the evening)-Hildago St.

FELIX’S- Mexican-40 types of salsas (Mommas in the morning)- Hildago St.

LA DOLCE- Italian-Hildago St.

MI CASA- Mexican-can run hot or cold- RIGHT NOW RUNNING COLD

PANCHO’S- Mexican-500 different types of tequila -Hildago St

LA GOLONDRINA- outdoors with great food but Expensive-near ME Melia Cabo hotel

GARDENIA’S- great Taco’s especially fish tacos-behind Mc Donalds

SHRIMP HOUSE- excellent shrimp -Marina Blvd

SOLOMON’S- excellent seafood & great people watching-thru the lobby of the Tesero Hotel on the inner harbor

TANGA TANGA- 15 peso beers, 15 Peso tacos and 20 peso mixed drinks- next to the Tesoro Hotel

NIK SAN- GREAT sushi but expensive-behind Tanga Tanga

SENOR GREENBERG’S- excellent New York style deli sandwiches, open 24 hrs- behind Caliente’s

( also on the inner harbor past the mall)

BAJA CANTINA- inner harbor just down from Solomon’s( also on Medano Beach)

GORDO LELE’S- Best tacos in Cabo- Javier is the owner- small stand easy to miss-

Vincente Gurerro, 1 block up from Marina Blvd.

RIP’S BAR- Just because Y.M and the T.A. crew made it famous- Next to TACO LOCO.

ON MEDANO BEACH

BILLYGAN’S ISLAND- average food but 2x1 drinks all day

MANGO DECK- just ok but great beach action.

RESTAURANTS RECOMMENDED BY T.A. FORUM MEMBERS

SALVATORE’S- Great Italian food, large portions, moderate prices . Most members say it’s the BEST Italian food in Cabo.- in the Siesta Suites Hotel

EL PESCADOR- Don’t let the looks fool you. Only seafood, but great. Shrimp cocktails and cerviche seem to be the most popular, but all the FRESH seafood is excellent- Across the street from the Sleepless Lobster.

EL POLLO DE ORO- Great ribs and chicken, CAN NOT beat the prices.-Corner of Morelos and 20 de

Noviembre

MEXICO MYSTIC- courtyard dinning with the true flavors of traditional Mexican cooking.-Right off Medano Beach, next to the ME Melia Cabo Hotel.

SUNSET GRILL- Excellent food with a GREAT view of Lands End- top of the Cabo Villas Hotel.

Archived