SB Princess First Night Dining Question

clueless2

We are going on a SB Diamond Princess cruise with a Princess landtour before hand.

We have early dining and since we aren't scheduled to board the ship until after dinner starts I'm wondering if they will give us any other dining options that night other than the buffet. Also do they do any type of special buffet on the first night because of this.

I have done SB out of Whittier a couple of times and there was open seating in the dining room so people just came in to eat when they arrived. I can't remember how late it was open, but I think maybe 9pm, which was when we sailed.

Hi, you make the buffet sound like it's something that would be to horrible to imaging.

Actually it's one of the best buffets I have had on a ship.

What I was trying to say was does the Diamond have a special sail away buffet (seafood?) like some of the Princess ships do.

We've sailed out of Whittier before. While departure is scheduled for 9:30PM. But there is open dining the first night in buffet or dining rooms. I don't remember any special menu for sail-away night. The lobsters are usually on formal night, and crab legs a different night, but not the first night. See you in a few days!!

Archived