Is this a good deal?

ebkallen

If it works for your schedule and you have kids under 17 it is. They have to be the 3rd and/or 4th passenger in the cabin and all they have to pay is taxes and the fuel surcharge. It has been a long time since I have seen a kids cruise free promotion and when they have do this, they normally charge the kids for the NCF's, as well. I think it is a great deal!

Great deal for families to be able to cruise together. Hopefully, they socialize well, cause I have a feeling the ship will be packed with younguns. If mine was that young I'd go for it, but he's not so I'm staying home. :D

Sounds good to me, I'd love to talk my Hubby into doing this we have a 3 year old and 1 year old. We cruised in 06, with our son he was 11 months. He did great and lots of people told us hoe good he was, even in the shows. I haven't found such a good deal on cruises with kids.

I am going to Bermuda with a friend leaving our kids home with Dad's in July, so not sure I could talk him into this, but I am going to try. Has anyone been to hald moon cay?

Wonder what air fair would be, gotta go check this out-thanks:D

• Administrators
Depends on where you live and how much airfare is. Could cost more than the cruise itself. I personally didn't like the deal.

I thought the cruise price was really good, but I had the same reaction about airfare. The way airfares are going, even the cheapest cruise may wind up out of the budget due to the cost of getting to the ship -- a cruise for a family of 4 -- $950; airfare to get there -- $1600. :eek:

I thought the cruise price was really good, but I had the same reaction about airfare. The way airfares are going, even the cheapest cruise may wind up out of the budget due to the cost of getting to the ship -- a cruise for a family of 4 -- $950; airfare to get there -- $1600. :eek:

Not that I'm considering going, but are there that many people wanting to fly to Miami in July-August? Isn't it rather hot - which would possibly make that flight to be considered "off season" ?

I can understand that, airfare changes everything. I'm lucky enough to live in Miami so cruise vacations are a no-brainer for me. Since the port is only 25 minutes away from my house this turned out to be a great deal for me so we booked!

We are getting a great price on the cruise with Lattitudes & Union Discounts and our son will go free - sort of.

I need advice as far as airfare goes. I found air on Southwest (Web Only Specials) for the 3 of us. We will be flying into Fll @ 12:35pm on

8-25 ship leaves Miami @ 5:00pm, ship returns to Miami @ 8:00am on 8-29 return flight is 12:20pm. Is there enough time there to make this work both ways? We are planning on buying NCL roundtrip transfers from Fll as Miami air is more expensive and transfers are only $5 less PP one way. I have never purchased Air myself as am a little hesitant, has anyone had experience with the Web Only specials?

We are getting a great price on the cruise with Lattitudes & Union Discounts and our son will go free - sort of.

I need advice as far as airfare goes. I found air on Southwest (Web Only Specials) for the 3 of us. We will be flying into Fll @ 12:35pm on

8-25 ship leaves Miami @ 5:00pm, ship returns to Miami @ 8:00am on 8-29 return flight is 12:20pm. Is there enough time there to make this work both ways? We are planning on buying NCL roundtrip transfers from Fll as Miami air is more expensive and transfers are only $5 less PP one way. I have never purchased Air myself as am a little hesitant, has anyone had experience with the Web Only specials?

Just make sure your plans are set, because the "WEB ONLY" specials are NON-refundable. They are a great deal though!

Your transfers are a little closer than I would feel comfortable with, but if they are with NCL, I guess they are responsible for getting you to the ship and back!

We saved a TON by flying in and out of FLL for our Miami cruise, but arrived a couple days early and had a much later flight home, just for our own peace of mind!

GOOD LUCK...and HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!

:)

Most air tickets that are a good bargain are non refundable these days.

Did not notice where you are flying from and when. Flying in the day of the cruise is always a gamble, even when you purchase the airfare from the cruiseline. Weather or other delays are possible. Landing at 12:35 adds to the risk. FLL is a bit further than Miami which can add time or possible delays.

Personally, I would either fly earlier that day or come in the night before. You can rent a car for less than the cost of the transfers and drop it off either near the cruise terminal or at the airport and take $24 cab.

You can read some longer discussions about local transport over at the EAST COAST DEPARTURES message boards.

Just make sure your plans are set, because the "WEB ONLY" specials are NON-refundable. They are a great deal though!

Your transfers are a little closer than I would feel comfortable with, but if they are with NCL, I guess they are responsible for getting you to the ship and back!

We saved a TON by flying in and out of FLL for our Miami cruise, but arrived a couple days early and had a much later flight home, just for our own peace of mind!

GOOD LUCK...and HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!

:)

Actually SWA's airfares that are non-fundable are not totally down the drain should you have to cancel. If you cancel before the flight, you can be given credit for any other flight on SWA within a year of when you book the cancelled flight. When you cancel online, it simply goes under your account and the next time you book, you use the "apply funds" feature.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, if you book the airfare on your own and you somehow don't make it there, even if you buy transfers, the cruiseline doesn't cover that, do they?

Give yourself the extra "cushion" day that others have recommended. Anything can happen with the weather, etc. We were delayed 6 1/2 going from LAX to MHT (Manchester, NH) because of a thunder storm that blanketed the east coast. The pilot commented that in over 25 years that it was the first time it had happened to him, but it did. Luckily, we weren't trying to make a cruise.

Also another head's up for SWA, if you book a flight and later find a cheaper fare for the same trip, they have a feature where you can go into your flight account, and switch the fares to the cheaper ones. They don't refund that money either, but give the same credit I mentioned before that you can use on another flight. You can also sign up for DING on your computer and get notification of sales. Remember also that there are only a set number of fares for each offer, so it can be there one minute and gone the next.

:) :)

I am a first-time cruiser and I just booked this deal. Somehow they were able to find me a stateroom that would hold myself, my husband and my 3 kids. The price is great. My problem is that I have heard the rooms are extremely small. Are we going to be packed like sardines?

I was discouraged by my TA and NCL on the timing of those flights into FLL. I got another price for JetBlue yesterday, now that is almost $200.00 more today (for the 3 of us)!!!! I would've loved to be in my first balcony. Now the airfare will be more than the cruise and I don't think that is a deal afterall.:(

• Administrators
I was discouraged by my TA and NCL on the timing of those flights into FLL. I got another price for JetBlue yesterday, now that is almost $200.00 more today (for the 3 of us)!!!! I would've loved to be in my first balcony. Now the airfare will be more than the cruise and I don't think that is a deal afterall.:(

I am SO sorry. :( Sometimes I surely do wish my crystal ball on things which could happen wasn't quite so accurate, as it was here -- OR that it worked for lottery numbers, so it wouldn't matter.

Archived