Question for Canadians who have recently sailed on the Legend out of Tampa

dgl123

I can't get a straight answer out of Carnival on this one. Can we or can we not do self assist debarkation? My new to me PVP told me "no" but customer service told me "yes" and no one seems to be able to tell me what the whole process involves all they say is "it's up to customs". Anyone?

I have to echo what Don said, if you have an early flight you can get off after the self assist. We didn't have an early flight and we were still at the airport just after nine. Our flight didn't even leave until 6.:eek:

No you can't.

And Immigration clearance is done aboard the ship.

If you need to, you can do the early flight thing, we were off the ship by 8:30.

Thanks! I am assuming if you were off by 8:30 it is not complicated to get through customs in the terminal and on your way.

My husband is a Canadian citizian and I am U.S. We have sailed on the Inspiration out of Tampa, and no you can not get off the ship with self assist, they do say it is for U.S. citizians only. However you can still keep your luggage and get off immidetly after the U.S. self assist. My husband always has to get up early and go up to meet customs and immigration at like 6:00a.m. and he gets cleared on the ship. But we always keep our luggage and carry it off ourselves. They call for U.S. self assist which starts usually around 7:30 a.m. then after they all get off they let non U.S. self assist off then they start calling for the people not doing self assist. But once you get to leave the ship they do not check passports you just walk off and turn in your customs declarations form and off you go. We are usually at the airport by 9:30-9:45 a.m. Hope this helps.

My husband is a Canadian citizian and I am U.S. We have sailed on the Inspiration out of Tampa, and no you can not get off the ship with self assist, they do say it is for U.S. citizians only. However you can still keep your luggage and get off immidetly after the U.S. self assist. My husband always has to get up early and go up to meet customs and immigration at like 6:00a.m. and he gets cleared on the ship. But we always keep our luggage and carry it off ourselves. They call for U.S. self assist which starts usually around 7:30 a.m. then after they all get off they let non U.S. self assist off then they start calling for the people not doing self assist. But once you get to leave the ship they do not check passports you just walk off and turn in your customs declarations form and off you go. We are usually at the airport by 9:30-9:45 a.m. Hope this helps.

Thanks this is very helpful gives me a good idea what to expect.

Archived