full list of suite perks

Since I have never crusied on RCCL, I asked this very question. I am booked in a GS on Rhapsody of the Seas on July 4, 2008. Yesterday, I called the cruise line and was told that there are no amenities or "perks" on this ship. Essentially, she said that the larger stateroom was the "perk" and that priority embarkation, etc. were only available on those ships with concierge service. Is this really true?

Partly.

There should be a suite holder priority check-in line at embarkation. This line may, or may not, be shorter than one of the regular lines. In our experience, it is usually much shorter but one time was not.

There is no concierge lounge on the Rhapsody, so there will be none of the 'perks' associated with that. We are on it next year and I certainly do hope they see fit to put one in by then.

Patti: On leg one, I received a phone call from the guest services Manager, who gave me his extension. I thought it was more to report if we got sick than to complain. I never used it. I befriended, or vice-versa, the hotel Manager, and he was a good resource to get real information on what was happening. On leg two, of course, we had more perks than we needed, but still managed to use them all. (Folks, we were in the Royal Suite on that leg. I never wanted to be there, but that was all there was left when we booked. I really thought I could get a down-grade when we got close to final payment.)

Jim and Joan

Since I have never crusied on RCCL, I asked this very question. I am booked in a GS on Rhapsody of the Seas on July 4, 2008. Yesterday, I called the cruise line and was told that there are no amenities or "perks" on this ship. Essentially, she said that the larger stateroom was the "perk" and that priority embarkation, etc. were only available on those ships with concierge service. Is this really true?

First of all........do not believe the reps that you talk to at RCI.......some know what is provided and others do not. And I have never heard of Priority Embarkation having anything to do with the ship having a CL. :confused: If, at the terminal, there is a separate line for Platinum/D/D+/Suite Guests.........that's the line you will enter.

Seeing that you are in a GS...........this is what you should expect.......but receiving it is another question....................

Upon Arrival: Complimentary water/fruit plate

Complimentary slippers

In-suite coffee/tea service (this is a french press coffee maker)

Pillow menu

Priority salon appointments, if needed

Priority tender tickets, if applicable

Suite Attendant services

Personalized invitations to the Art Auctions,

Priority shore excursions, if needed

First Formal Night: Cheese plate with crackers prior to dinner

Personalized attention from Chief Housekeeper

Personalized attention from Guest Services Manager

Second Formal Night/: Plate of petit fours at turndown

Last Evening Expedited departure with Early Debark tags

Personalized attention from Hotel Director

I asked this very same question just the other week, I wanted a comperehnsive list of RCCL suite perks - and the answer I got, basically is ''there isnt one''

It seems like suite perks are very hit and miss on RCCL, everyone is in agreement that you will get priority boarding and disembarkation, use of consierge and lounge (GS and up) and Ice show tickets.

Some people get fruit/flowers/wine/canapes and others do not. The consierege contacts some people before sailing, others he does not. It is very inconsistent and in my honest opinion quite a poor show from RCCL.

I am also planning on booking a suite on NCL in the future and they clearly state what perks you get for those extra $$$ your spending, something I wish RCCL would emulate.

I realise that the main purpose of a suite is all about the extra space, but it should also be about those little extra's and making guests feel pampered, something RCCL is seriously lacking in the suite stakes at this point in time. :(

What does NCL offer to those in a suite that is different from RCCL? Just curious. Thanks. :)

Ahh........I wish you were joining us!!! We are neighbors.:) :)

Rick

Hi rubrrick: We are also neighbors. Where in Scottsdale are you? We are off Via Linda and FLW. Weather has been so wonderful here lately, but it's only a matter of time till we hit 100 and more.

I'm jealous too!!:rolleyes: The only consolation is that we are out of here on June 3rd for the UK and 12 days of exploration of the Cotswold area of England and then up to spend a week in Scotland before boarding the Jewel of the Seas on the 16th. Well.........the 16th is over a month away, but we are still excited.

Speaking of perks, we have already heard from Andrea....the concierge, just before she left for holiday. She will be back aboard the Jewel on the 4th, and so we will miss each other by a day.

Rick

We will be on the Jewel next week - I wonder who is replacing Andrea? She was our concierge in 2006 for New England. We LOVE Reyno, who was our concierge last year in Alaska (filling in for Willie) and have our fingers crossed that it will be him.

We will be on the Jewel next week - I wonder who is replacing Andrea? She was our concierge in 2006 for New England. We LOVE Reyno, who was our concierge last year in Alaska (filling in for Willie) and have our fingers crossed that it will be him.

Reyno is currently the Concierge on Radiance while Willie is on vacation. In an email from him he indicated that he would be back on Radiance when we board for Hawaii in September.

Do the Junior suites have upgraded bathroom amenities? (The nice shampoo, conditioner, lotions, qtips etc..)??? Just wondering?

If you call Crown and Anchor, they have the list of suite amenities.

You are also supposed to get binoculars, but maybe that is just in Alaska? Not sure?

Do the Junior suites have upgraded bathroom amenities? (The nice shampoo, conditioner, lotions, qtips etc..)??? Just wondering?

If you call Crown and Anchor, they have the list of suite amenities.

You are also supposed to get binoculars, but maybe that is just in Alaska? Not sure?

Hi Jen.........the upgraded bathroom amenities are for GS and above. The binoculars are for certain itineraries...............we got them in our GS on Splendour when we just did South America. I believe that Alaska is another itinerary.........but they are only for GS and above...........and they are for use on the cruise and not to be taken home.

If you are staying in a JS, you can ask your cabin attendant for the bathroom amenities...........we have, and have always gotten them.

Hi Jen.........the upgraded bathroom amenities are for GS and above. The binoculars are for certain itineraries...............we got them in our GS on Splendour when we just did South America. I believe that Alaska is another itinerary.........but they are only for GS and above...........and they are for use on the cruise and not to be taken home.

If you are staying in a JS, you can ask your cabin attendant for the bathroom amenities...........we have, and have always gotten them.

Thanks Patti! Will do!

I only sail in Owner Suites and on 1 upcoming cruise the Royal Suite. I'll never settle for anything less.

Thats nice, but do you have anything to add to the thread, execpt that you will not settle for anything less that a Royal Suite?

The pillow menu allows you to pick the type of pillow that you are used to sleeping on at home.........for your comfort in your suite.

I was wondering the same thing. Wow, isn't that a nice perk? I have a question about the mentioned food plates that are brought to your room on certain nights. Are they just left in your room even if you are not there? The reason I ask is because on our 1st cruise (in a JS) we had ordered room service for 2 pieces of cheese cake, no hot items and no chargable items like soda. we called for the items shortly before leaving for the ice show and planned to have dessert on the balcony after the show. It never came and when we called, the kitchen said they did come but would not leave food if no one was in the room. They returned to the room with our cheese cake within about 20 mins.

I was wondering the same thing. Wow' date=' isn't that a nice perk? I have a question about the mentioned food plates that are brought to your room on certain nights. Are they just left in your room even if you are not there? The reason I ask is because on our 1st cruise (in a JS) we had ordered room service for 2 pieces of cheese cake, no hot items and no chargable items like soda. we called for the items shortly before leaving for the ice show and planned to have dessert on the balcony after the show. It never came and when we called, the kitchen said they did come but would not leave food if no one was in the room. They returned to the room with our cheese cake within about 20 mins.[/quote']

Yes, you do not have to be in your cabin when these food plates are delivered. They will leave them in a very obvious place so that you won't miss seeing them. If I remember correctly, it was our cabin attendant that actually delivered ours.

I wrote to RCCL to ask them what I should expect in the Royal Family Suite. I received a answer within 2 days, printed it out and took it with me on the cruise last week. Most of the things we automatcially received but a few (slippers, pillow menu), we did not. I just asked the steward and he immediately brought them to us.

Archived