Pan Pacific or Westin Bayshore--VanCouver??

Which would you do, money not a problem.  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you do, money not a problem.

• Pan Pacific Cruise Package
    • Westin Bayshore

This is a hard decision:

We have Westin reserved at $265 CAD, but just found $409 CAD cruise package includes breakfast for 2 at Pan Pacific and 2 pm checkout.....

PP would save taxi fare from Westin as well (not sure how much that is?)

Which would you do??

We have 2 teenagers as well if that helps.

The Taxi fare would probably only be about $10.00 - where's Putterdude when we need him - oh that's right he is on a cruise.

Are you just staying one night or multi-night and what are you planning on doing during your visit.

The big advantage with the Pan Pacific is that you are right at Canada Place - so assuming that you are sailing from there and not Ballantyne Pier you can have the hotel staff take your luggage down to the cruise deck while you enjoy a leisurely breakfast.

Unless you are planning to spend a lot of time in Stanley Park in which case the Bayshore is better go with the Pan Pacific - nothing like looking out your window in the morning and seeing your ship docked right below you.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

The Taxi fare would probably only be about $10.00 - where's Putterdude when we need him - oh that's right he is on a cruise.

Are you just staying one night or multi-night and what are you planning on doing during your visit.

The big advantage with the Pan Pacific is that you are right at Canada Place - so assuming that you are sailing from there and not Ballantyne Pier you can have the hotel staff take your luggage down to the cruise deck while you enjoy a leisurely breakfast.

Unless you are planning to spend a lot of time in Stanley Park in which case the Bayshore is better go with the Pan Pacific - nothing like looking out your window in the morning and seeing your ship docked right below you.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

we were going to spend a little time in Stanley park, but I wonder if it is better to taxi over there and have our luggage already at the pier? Do you know if we do not choose the cruise package rate if they will not take our luggage? how does that work?

I can't say for sure but I believe that as long as you are staying at the hotel they will take your luggage down for you - they probably expect a tip but that is fairly common for extra services - you can also check your luggage early at Canada Place.

It's isn't that far to walk from the Pan Pacific to Stanley Park - 30 minutes along the Seawall and a million views of the ships, harbour, mountain etc.

Are you aware that there is a free Hop on hop off Shuttle running in Stanley Park from mid- June to mid - Sept - here's there link:

http://vancouver.ca/parks/parks/stanley/shuttle.htm

Cheers

Dennis

I vote for the Pan Pacific for convenience considering you are right at the Cruise terminal. It is also a bit more "modern-looking", for a lack of a better term. Here, you will be close to the mall (if that is where your teenagers want to be) and restaurants, and you are probably better located as far as tourist attractions go.

HOWEVER, if you want a nicer, less busy location, I would go with the Westin Bayshore. The building itself is not as "modern-looking" as, and it is a bit more resort-y than, the Pan Pacific, but I really like that it is close to Stanley Park (wow, I really gotta brush up on my vocabulary!). You're right by the sea wall; you are close to the West End for neighborhood restaurants; there are 2 restaurants, and a marina right at your doorstep,; and you're about a 15-minute walk to the beach (English Bay) so your teenagers might appreciate that.

It really depends on what is important to you.

I probably favour the Westin Bayshore better, but maybe its only because it is in my neighborhood.

Called the Pan and found out for $389 plus tax (CAD) we can do a family package and they still take your luggage to the ship....it includes all this:

Package includes the following:

- Buffet breakfast for 4 (2 Adults and 2 Children) at Caf� Pacifica

(worth $29.50 each person)

- 4 tickets to IMAX Theatre (worth $12 per person)

- Late checkout till 2pm, subject to availability

- Cookies and milk for the children upon arrival at the guestroom

- Treasure chest prize, one for each child

- Access to board games and Playstation

Called the Pan and found out for $389 plus tax (CAD) we can do a family package and they still take your luggage to the ship....it includes all this:

Package includes the following:

- Buffet breakfast for 4 (2 Adults and 2 Children) at Caf� Pacifica

(worth $29.50 each person)

- 4 tickets to IMAX Theatre (worth $12 per person)

- Late checkout till 2pm, subject to availability

- Cookies and milk for the children upon arrival at the guestroom

- Treasure chest prize, one for each child

- Access to board games and Playstation

Okay...I take back what I said about the Westin. This sounds like really good value for money. Cafe Pacifica is good... I would go for the Pan Pacific; you can always walk the 1/2 hr to Stanley Park and the beach. And who cares about the Marina - it's not like you have your yacht moored there.:D

Edit: Will they consider your teenagers "children", or do you have to pay extra for them? Just thought you might want to clarify that.....but it's definitely good value for money especially if you plan on using the IMAX tickets, etc.

I like the Bayshore for the fact you can get outside on the grass. You can get to the water. It just seems more friendly. You don't seem to be downtown in a big city.

Pools are nice and easy to use.

When you go to cruise you take your bags in the cab with you and you know they get to the longshore guys cause you see it happen.

The Pan Pacific is more centrally located and convenient. We disembarked the ship, dropped of our luggage and were sipping Starbucks by 815am. With a stomach full of latte, we headed for Gastown which is literally around the corner. Chinatown and the spectacular gardens (the name escapes me at the moment) a few blocks away from Gastown. The art museum had a wonderful impressionists exhibit going on when we were there which was an easy walk. After the museum and lunch, we walked along the seawall to Stanley Park, rented a couple of bikes and explored the park and the adjacent area all the way to Granville Island. We walked up Robeson, had some gelato, and checked in at the hotel. Our bags were in our room. The hotel is a legitimate 4 star. The room was huge with luxurious bedding and baths. Taxis were waiting at 430am. We wore ourselves out but it made for a short flight home since we were both unconscious for most of the trip. In short, go with the Pan Pacific :).

If price is the prime motivation then the Bayshore Inn is your best bet, your taxi to the cruise terminal is only about $15 and it is also very close to Stanley Park. However if you you can place value on the perks of the Pan Pacific then it is very hard to beat the location if you are departing from Canada Place.

Archived