cell phone use in Alaska

Can anyone please tell me where I am likely to be able to use my cell phone on a cruise through the Inside Passage of Alaska? I have a Verizon plan. I am interested to know whether it will work to call family members aboard the ship while it is under way.

Can anyone please tell me where I am likely to be able to use my cell phone on a cruise through the Inside Passage of Alaska? I have a Verizon plan. I am interested to know whether it will work to call family members aboard the ship while it is under way.

Call Verizon and ask. The rates are different with each phone company and so is the reception according to some!

BILL

In August, I used my cell phone in every US port with clear reception...I spoke to my DD in Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway (did not use in on train), Icy Strait Point and Anchorage...no roaming charges...

Have a wonderful cruise,

I was told not to use it onboard or you will encounter roaming charges...so I left the ship and called...

Check with Verizon about on the ship calls...they might be under different cell towers...and could be roaming or international...

Archived