Power supply

clamgirl

This may be a stupid question, but will I need to bring power converters to plug my laptop, curling iron, etc into the outlets?

A power cord is one of the best things to bring since there's only 1 or 2 outlets.

There is a standard US outlet in the cabin and you can plug a power strip in and recharge lots of batteries , but a curling iron takes a lot of juice. One curling iron will work just fine, but if, for example, you were to plug two in at the same time, maintenance may have to reset the circuit breaker.

All cabins have an outlet for 110 vac. and 220 vac. That should be sufficient to power any electrical item you are permitted to bring aboard. There is no need for a converter but you should know what device you are plugging into what outlet.

This is the outlet in our cabin on Carnival Spirit last week.

2452675430080888825S600x600Q85.jpg

Last time we were in London, my wife and I picked up a 220 power strip. Now we take both a 220 and a 110. Plenty of sockets. We leave for London again tomorrow for a ride to NY next week on the QM2 and I plan to pick up a short extension cord to go with the 220 power strip.

Hi,

In addition to the power strip/surge protector, consider bringing an extension cord as well. I take a 15-20 foot outdoor type extension cord so I can use my laptop while sitting in bed. Depending on which ship you are on, the power outlet location will vary. Aboard the Spirit, it was in the bathroom area and on Fascination, it was by the desk.

Lee

Archived