What If You Dont Go In The Water?????

I am a 32 year old mom and I will be traveling with my two DD's who are 11 and 13 and my mother who is 53. We will be traveling to St Martin on a 7 night 8 day cruise on CCL Glory august 30 2008. My question is the following.

What if you dont go in the ocean and you are not into water activities. What else besides may a little shopping is there to do while in ST. Martin.

Are there any Historical Landmarks to go see?

Are there any Gardens are things of those nature?

PLEASE ANYONE AND EVERYONE THAT CAN HELP WITH THIS, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

Hi - the first time we went to St. Maarten we rented a car and drove around the whole island. The sights are beautiful. We drove to the Dutch side, walked around there and stopped at various areas along the drive. I believe you could hire a cab right there at the pier to take you around the island if you don't want to drive yourself. Also, the shopping is terrific.

There is a Butterfly Farm on the island that has gotten pretty good reviews. Also Grand Case get's major kudo's for being one of the top dining places in the Caribbean. Both of these would be on the French Side.

Rental cars are pretty cheap and the island is small, so easy to get around. Traffic can be bad in Phillipsburg and Marigot, so give yourself extra time getting back to the ship.

Hi - the first time we went to St. Maarten we rented a car and drove around the whole island. The sights are beautiful. We drove to the Dutch side, walked around there and stopped at various areas along the drive. I believe you could hire a cab right there at the pier to take you around the island if you don't want to drive yourself. Also, the shopping is terrific.

Thank you for everyone helping me out with this. With everyoens suggestions and the shopping that I hear about we are sure to have a wonderful time in port. Once again thank you all from the bottom of my heart i appreciate everyones help.

Archived