You KNOW you do this!!!

CjKd

HAHA. We drank from them all the time when we first got home, then it dwindled after we moved and didn't have a dishwasher, they're harder to hand wash!!

PLUS it's a little hard to drink out of them without a straw. the lip of the cup is shaped funny :( But reading this thread makes me want to pull one out and get to drinking!!

We use one of ours to hold our change in. We save all of our change from one vacatin to the next, putting it in these glasses reminds us of where the money will be spent. But we also have extras on hand and yes they are used many times for that Kiss on the Lips!!

I think that Carnival should hand out different colors for the amount of cruises you have been on.

For example, your first cruise would be "The Rookie Glass" - Color= something bright so WE all know you're a rookie! (What a great conversational starter!)

The most cruises would be like 10 and then you would hit "Professional Status", this would be the "Golden Carnival Cup" with your name engraved on it and FREE REFILLS!

I could go on and on!

Thanks everyone, I knew I wasn't the only one sippin' out of it at home!

Back in the day, I used to have a bunch of those "specialty" glasses.....made out of real glass, too. Never used them. Eventually they were all sold at a yard sale.

Drinks used to be so cheap on a cruise. There were no taxes on alchohol purchased off-shore by the cruise lines and they passed that savings on to the passengers. Not too many years ago, the DOD was $1.50!!!!! Today, with the price of drinks, I'll take the standard container, thank you.

I am thinking about getting one of those fancy new "funnel" containers on my next cruise in September....they're pretty cute. We'll see....

Archived