Diamond Which cabin would you choose?

cyndeeee

We have a choice between cabin D740 or E732? We would like the balcony to be covered rather than uncovered, and we have read conflicting reports?

and Princess reps state other wise. So if anyone could help us we would be very grateful????

Thank you for any insight

as always thank you for your help

These are both fully covered decks...and identical location other than floor. The Dolphin cabin has some vents next to it that some have complained about. The other advantage of Emerald deck is it is just one floor down to the Promenade deck and thus an easy walk. One thing to note is that some have noted noise from the Fusion Club below, but when moving the sound of the wake is going to easily drown that out if your deck door is open even slightly.

Oops, I may lost some credibility:o ! After looking at the brochure diagrams, I see that the Dolphin and Emerald cabins in question are both AFT cabins. A different story from the port/starboard cabins on those decks. Apologies if my first post mislead anyone.

So you think this d740 is uncovered? We can't seemed to get any information regarding this Princess doesn't even know...How do you think we can find out for sure. This cruise is 29 days and we'd like a covered balcony due to weather?

Thank you

Cyndeee- I'm pretty sure all of those very aft Cat. BB balconies are under cover.

We gave up the Balcony cover & opted for a little more $$ and a Mini Suite----We are in D700 for now - it's a Cat. AC - with the long cruise and a lot of sea days - we might enjoy some cabin time and need the extra space. ;)

Now wouldn't it be fantastic if we were "bumped" up to a full suite Aft and under cover - that's the way to have it all!!!

Renee

I've looked at photos and the back of the Diamond is straight, all cabins seem to end at the same position, meaning the balcony above is directly in the same position as the one below. In other words, they are all covered.

Shar

We want to thank all of you .. we're staying put...I've been driving my husband crazy, and we still have 18 months to go. BUt since it's a long cruise we want to beable to enjoy our balcony as we use it more than our cabin. We'd loved to be bumped up to a suite of some sort, but we enjoy the aft, stern of the ship so we requested not to be moved. (we just found out this cabin d740 has only a chair and not a sofa....so we'll see about a suite, but I'm not sure our pocketbook will like it.....we'll wait and sea......

THANK YOU ALL

You have been so helpful

We leave in two months for a 15 day on the Infinity with Celebrity to Hawaii....

CYndee and Bob

GottoCruise, If you get bumped....to a Penthouse Suite or any suite on the aft may we come and visit????? Have you ever been on a long cruise like this before? Our longest is going to be 15 days...I can't imagine 29 days...I better stop eating now......

Cyndeee

Hey Cyndeee - Yep - been on 30 days and more! It's very nice & relaing and you get to know the Pax and it's like one big family!! for sure - partytime will be in our "suite" We always have drinks before dinner - you're invited!!! I'll post in a hurry if I get "bumped up"!!! :D

Renee (aka GotToCruise)

Thirty days and more, thats wonderful...I'll keep my fingers crossed you get bumped.....

talk with you soon

cyndee

Cyndee,

My friends are in cabin D741 for the November 6th Princess Diamond Cruise. We are in cabin E301. Are you on this same cruise? D740 looks great at the back of the boat with a balcony. You can watch as we sail away from each port.

Tracy

Tracy, would you please tell me how there cabin is d741 if the balcony is covered or uncovered? no one seems to know, not even Princess reps.

My e mail address robert_steven@msn.com (there is an underscore between robert and steven _ )

Thank you so much we don't sail until April 2006

and have a wonderful cruise and let me know how it is???

Thanks again

Cyndeeee

Cyndeee - I just looked back through earlier postings on our April 2005 Sapphire Cruise - On that cruise we originally booked Cabin # D741 - If it's the same on the Diamond - I really researched it and liked it the best of the Cat. BB Balconies - Totally covered - and w/a larger balcony... I saw photos of the (Sapphire under construction) D741 cabin & balcony and position - someone (I forget who) posted photos on the message board!

However, We were lucky and "caught" a Promo on a Cat. AE "Guarantee" for just a bit $$ more - so we switched - We were almost immediately upgraded to a Cat. AA - So - now we are Booked in a Cat. AA - Guarantee - no cabin assigned as of this date... and I hope Princess leaves our "Guarantee" Booking alone until all the Balconies are gone and we can get "bumped" up to a full suite!! (Just dreaming!!!)

Hope this helps you decide.....regards, Renee :D

Cyndeeee - it looks as though we may have chosen a good cabin for our cruises. Having researched D740 for Nov 2005, I can confirm that the balcony is covered - and those that have been in this cabin have enjoyed it!!!

We can't wait!

UK Cruiser, Thank you, Thank you. You have made my husband and I very HAPPY.....I was hoping it was covered, rather than uncovered as we use our balcony more than our stateroom. (We even sleep out there a night or two)

So I am very happy with our choice, as you are. I just have a favor to ask..if you are able will you e mail us some pictures of the cabin and balcony when you return to robert_steven@msn.com (there is an under score between robert and steven _

Thank again for making me feel that we made the right choice of cabin....

(29 days we wanted to have a nice cabin) and our pocketbook will not allow us to get a mini suite....

Cyndee

Shipkicker, Is that the Penthouse Suite, it looks huge...... What a party you could have on the balcony......How many rooms. It said it's a Double??????

They must of marked it wrong on the chart.

Thank you

Cyndee

Shipkicker, Is that the Penthouse Suite, it looks huge...... What a party you could have on the balcony......How many rooms. It said it's a Double??????

They must of marked it wrong on the chart.

Cyndeeee, No, it is not marked wrong. I apologize if you thought my post was less than affable. We were upgraded on a one night (we’ll take it) cruise to the Grand Suite (17th on Princess). Yes, you can have a large party on the balcony! We did, had dinner served in the suite and enjoyed it immensely! There was a living room with a couch, a few chairs, a dining room (table seats 8), a bedroom and an amazing bathroom. Must admit, it was my first time in a shower with nine shower heads. What fun!!!<G> An always on internet connection, a wet bar (with booze), an entertainment system with Bose speakers, etc. Truly an amazing suite! We had a sail away Cruise Critics party in the suite, and it was very enjoyable. Even invited the neighbors from above down.

You will be very happy with your cabin choice.

Shipkicker,

What an upgrade.....You must of had the time of your life..why don't you think about going on the April 14, 2006....Do you sail only Princess or do you try other lines? As I think I told you before this is our 1st Princess cruise, we've been on several Celebrity and only one Holland America. So we are looking forward to trying Princess...

Thank you

Cyndeee

Hi Cyndee, We just got off the Diamond and had cabin D619. We loved it but it was uncovered but didn't seem to be a problem cuz only one time did I see anyone above us. D619 is deck 9. Deck 10 (C cabins) looked right down on us and deck 11 (B cabins) looked right down on them and us. I think balconies on decks 11 and 12 offer the most privacy.

cordially,

dirk pitt

Shipkicker,

What an upgrade.....You must of had the time of your life..why don't you think about going on the April 14, 2006....Do you sail only Princess or do you try other lines? As I think I told you before this is our 1st Princess cruise, we've been on several Celebrity and only one Holland America. So we are looking forward to trying Princess...

Thank you

Cyndeee

I'd love to go 04/14/2004, however, that is subject to the whims of the checkbook. Right now it is in poor shape! We have completed 18 cruises with Princess; have also been on Celebrity, RCI, Carnival, and the old Admiral Cruise Lines. Never sailed on HAL, but did tour one of their ships when a friend booked the top suite on the ship. Another amazing stateroom...

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived