Baggage Question

Yes, you can carry them off if you wish

But... you must be able to carry ALL of your bags throughout the debarkcation process. IMO it is easier to let the ship's crew take your baggage off of the ship and put it in the terminal, then you only have to deal with them as you clear customs. Just my $0.02 worth :)

No way will I struggle my own suitcases off the ship...I like a nice leisurely breakfast - find a comfortable place to wait my turn. Certainly don't want to lug around baggage.

In all my years of cruising, I've never had anything taken from my suitcase when it's outside the door...and I never lock them.

The only item I've ever carried off was alcohol that may have been purchased ashore or from the ships gift shops....wouldn't leave that unattended, fer sure!! HA!

Trust me we are in no big rush to get off the ship :p We are staying for an extra day in San Juan... I have read some stories about lost baggage etc... Do they call you when its your turn to gett off?

Im sure i will love crusing but land vacations are so simple :(

Are you sure? The OP is from Canada.
We did self-assist off the Valor in early Jan. and we are from Canada. It's not a problem to do. We were going on the Everglades tour and just took our bags straight to the theatre and then off the ship, through Customs and out to our tour bus. Never heard that one's nationality affected being able to use self-assist!:D

We did self-assist off the Valor in early Jan. and we are from Canada. It's not a problem to do. We were going on the Everglades tour and just took our bags straight to the theatre and then off the ship, through Customs and out to our tour bus. Never heard that one's nationality affected being able to use self-assist!:D

A couple of years ago on a different cruise line, the requirements were that you had to carry all your luggage, arrange your own transportation and had to be a US citizen. Things change but that's why I asked.

Archived