teppanyaki table size

plan2go

Does anyone know how many sit together in the teppanyaki dining room on the Pride of America? We have a group of 13 and thought this might be an easier way for all of us to dine together (we love doing this on the mainland) but find most only seat 10 or 12 with the same chef.

The seating was for 8 per chef. It is shaped like a short, wide "U" -- 2 on the side/ 4 long (bottom of the U)/ 2 on the other side. The chef faces the 4 long. Each section seats 8.

There can be 2 chefs back to back. So imagine 2 "U"s facing each other -- as a broken circle.

So you could sit 13 -- but 5 people would have a different chef. You would still be able to talk together as the space for the chefs is quite small.

Make sure that when you make your reservation that they know that you want to sit together. When we went last month the first seating was relatively empty. The area is set up for 4 chefs -- 2 sets of "U" -- 32 people.

Hope this helps.

When we went, our group was 13. It was great. It felt like a private room.

It was great, even with some of us having a different chef. The room is so small & everyone is so close together it won't feel like your missing anything or you guys are not together. The chefs fooled around with each other, so it really was like only having one chef. They stand literally back-to-back.

It's a great experience!

Well, it was back in '04...I know we went on Thursday night of a week long cruise that left on Sunday & returned on Sunday. As for when we booked, we booked it through our travel agent as soon as NCL would let us. Sorry I couldn't be more specific. I just can't really remember.

Well, it was back in '04...I know we went on Thursday night of a week long cruise that left on Sunday & returned on Sunday. As for when we booked, we booked it through our travel agent as soon as NCL would let us. Sorry I couldn't be more specific. I just can't really remember.

I'm not sure what the policy was in 2004, but I can tell you that you can't make restaurant reservations for any NCL ship until you board. There would be no benefit in contacting your TA in advance and asking them to make reservations for Teppanyaki because advance reservations aren't available. I believe that very large groups are able to make dining room reservations (so they can dine together) in advance, but I'm not positive.

As for when I would suggest making Teppanyaki reservations, do it as early as you can the day you want to dine (unless you're in a suite, then you may book 48 hours in advance). Pax are no longer allowed to make dining reservations for the entire cruise on embarkation day.

beachchick

We were in an AE suite, and were able to make all our restaurant reservations for the entire week on embarkation day (as of January).

Teppanyaki was our favorite by far...not just because of the experience (which was a lot of fun), but also for the quality of the food (my son is still raving about the shrimp and filet combo he had).

I knew from reading other posts that we could not make reservations until we boarded, but thought I read that with the 2.0 upgrades balcony cabins could book 48 hours in advance (we sail in late June).

I also thought I read on the NCL board that groups our size could make reservations for the entire week for any meal they wanted to all eat together...We will not be dining all together all week!

At least I know we can sit together at two tables with two chefs, now. I'll have to see which day in our itinerary lends best to an early dinner!

thanks to all

Archived