hotel question Downtown Miami

curious4

I won a bid on priceline for the Hilton-Biscayne Bay Hotel in Miami next week for a one night pre cruise stay and the reservation is good for 2 people but there will be 4 sharing 1 room. Do you think it will be a problem? Should I tell them before hand?

I won a bid on priceline for the Hilton-Biscayne Bay Hotel in Miami next week for a one night pre cruise stay and the reservation is good for 2 people but there will be 4 sharing 1 room. Do you think it will be a problem? Should I tell them before hand?

I would call them and ask them to add the request for two doubles/queens to the reservation. If that doesn't work, just arrive at the hotel asap on the check in day and smooze the desk clerk.

Mike

I won a bid on priceline for the Hilton-Biscayne Bay Hotel in Miami next week for a one night pre cruise stay and the reservation is good for 2 people but there will be 4 sharing 1 room. Do you think it will be a problem? Should I tell them before hand?[/quote

Yes, it could be a problem, depending on what is available when you check in. In the meantime, you must call the hotel and request the 2 bed arrangement. It's only a request mind you. Then about 2 weeks before arrival, I always send an email again requesting the double beds. Ask for a confirmation of your request and the hotel should send you an email saying they got your request. Print it and carry it with. THEN>>>>I know this sounds like over kill, but the day before, politiely call and say you are just checking to make sure your request is in the computer. They'll say yes, ask their name and use it if needed when you check in. "I talked to Charlie and he said the reuest was in the computer".

That's all you can do. On a recent family trip, my sister's family needed the 2 beds and when they arrived had a king bed. Ended up with sleeping 3 in the KIng and one on a cot. However that doesn't mean YOU won't get what you need. But it IS a chance you take with PL. Good luck.

I always travel with our two kids and we prefer to book thru Hotwire to avoid ending up with kids on the floor or extra cost for rollaways. (This happened to us on a priceline bid and to my sisters as well. Very disappointing and common in big city hotels.)

• Administrators
I always travel with our two kids and we prefer to book thru Hotwire to avoid ending up with kids on the floor or extra cost for rollaways. (This happened to us on a priceline bid and to my sisters as well. Very disappointing and common in big city hotels.)

This is great advice, and I'm glad you shared it here. I want to add one comment. For anyone to whom this happens, there's no way it should be "unexpected."

ALL that Priceline guarantees you is a hotel room with ONE bed that will sleep TWO people, nonsmoking. That's it. ANYTHING beyond that is entirely up to the goodwill/customer service of the involved hotel. If you bid through PL, you either do know this, or you should. It's made abundantly clear in the splash screens and conditions on the pages many folks tend to scroll through on their way to the "Place Your Bid" button. Know what you are buying -- know that it's non-refundable. If what PL is offering as their only guarantee does not work for your family, please do not use them. Try Hotwire for a good discount price (where you can specify number in party or room number) or just book through a general website.

I called them after bidding and requested 2 double beds and a window view. They told me ok and I have a name and date of the conversation. If I only received one bed I would be ok with it because it is what was offered on pl but Im thinking what would they do when they see the 2 kids with us? Will they ask? Will they make me pay extra? Which is fine. Am I thinking to much?

Thanks

• Administrators
I called them after bidding and requested 2 double beds and a window view. They told me ok and I have a name and date of the conversation. If I only received one bed I would be ok with it because it is what was offered on pl but Im thinking what would they do when they see the 2 kids with us? Will they ask? Will they make me pay extra? Which is fine. Am I thinking to much?

Thanks

Thinking too much, is my vote! :) You said they took your request, you have a name and date, so you have an argument and something to offer at checkin. The reason you are "thinking too much," to me, is in your statement is that if you received one bed you'd be ok with it -- that means whatever outcome, even if the hotel claims they never heard of the person who took your 2 bed request, you'll be ok with it. That makes you a person who is ready save a fortune using Priceline. It's only if not having something more than PL guarantees would make your trip miserable (i.e., if you can't live with one bed for 2 people), that it becomes an issue -- you said it wouldn't do that, so you should be good to go! Have a great cruise!

Ok Ill get this right!!! PL offered 1 room for two people. I am going there with 4. That is what im talking about!!!:D :D Just kidding!!! Heard that in a movie or mmmmm my kids... Im Being wacky maybe because Im cruising in 5 days!!! Thanks.

Archived