Galaxy: 3/19/04 PHOTOS...

garykool81

Hey folks --

To accompany the review I posted earlier "Galaxy: The Definitive Review," I've also uploaded a ton of interior shots of the ship that you can view here:

March 19, 2004 Interior Shots

Hope everyone enjoys! I for one am always disappointed at the lack of good interior shots people take on their trips, so hopefully this will assist in letting people see what a wonderful ship she is.

Gary Kulash

www.badelephant.com

Carnival Holiday 8/02

NCL Majesty 1/03

NCL Norway 5/25/03

NCL Sea 7/03

Celebrity Galaxy 3/04

Celebrity Mercury 10/04

Thank you so much for the awesome...I think that word has already been used...pictures. We are taking our first Celebrity cruise after cruising on Princess for several years...and this has helped me get even more excited... icon_smile.gif

Panama Canal on the Galaxy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;11;25;19;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Gary, we got on board at 11 am for a 4:30 pm departure in February and there were many already on board. Of course, that time I happened to be traveling with 11 other people. No wonder I never saw an empty room...I brought a herd with me. icon_smile.gif I'll have to remember to break away in October to capture cool pics before people have an opportunity to board. Beats lurking the halls in the middle of the night.

Rosie

Rosie --

A large part of the equation is also having a good deal of patience. There are times that I just skip over photographing rooms because they are full of too many people. However, there are also times where I deliberately photograph a room or deck *because* it has people in it that fit the mood I am going for...

IE --

Some of my favorite shots (I took over 300, so what you see online are just the interior photos) are:

-Shot of the man and woman (in bright pink dress) walking down the promenade deck at night.

-Shot of sax player in Rend. Square

-Shot of Martini Bar at night (Ecowen - you're in the photo if you didn't notice)

As far as the rest of the shots go, I could have done better without having people in them.

Gary Kulash

www.badelephant.com

Carnival Holiday 8/02

NCL Majesty 1/03

NCL Norway 5/25/03

NCL Sea 7/03

Celebrity Galaxy 3/04

Celebrity Mercury 10/04

Gary, thanks for sharing your fine work. I think this really shows that at least the public spaces are in excellent shape. Now they need to work on the cabins. I find that a small amount of people in a shot add to the atmosphere and give a better sense of proportion (imho). But your photos with or without people are terrific. I love the one outside the Savoy that has the outer lobby and the interior clear and in correct exposure. Also your point of view for the atrium shots. You need to be creative with your angles in such a narrow space. I managed to get some people-less shots inside during the daytime when everyone was either on the outside decks or we were in port.

Norway - 2/97;Leeward -12/97;

Grand Princess - 1/99; Leeward - 6/99; Dawn Princess - 11/99;Vision of the Seas - 6/00;Carnival Victory - 9/00; Zenith - 10/00

Mercury - 3/01; R1 -7/01; Grand Princess - 11/01; Majesty of the Seas - 12/01; Norwegian Star - 3/02;

Carnival Triumph - 7/02;

Maasdam - 11/02; Holiday - 12/02; Millennium - 4/03; Carnival Victory - 7/03; Zaandam - 8/03; Zuiderdam - 10/03; Enchantment of the Seas - 1/04; Galaxy - 3/04

Cruisepup --

Yeah, when shooting the atrium I found myself wanting an even better lense to do some wide shots with. It's a shame that space there is so tight. It's almost impossible to capture the staircase, painting and compass all in the same shot.

Gary Kulash

www.badelephant.com

Carnival Holiday 8/02

NCL Majesty 1/03

NCL Norway 5/25/03

NCL Sea 7/03

Celebrity Galaxy 3/04

Celebrity Mercury 10/04

Hope you realized when I said "you need to be more creative" I meant, one needs to be more creative and that you succeeded.

Norway - 2/97;Leeward -12/97;

Grand Princess - 1/99; Leeward - 6/99; Dawn Princess - 11/99;Vision of the Seas - 6/00;Carnival Victory - 9/00; Zenith - 10/00

Mercury - 3/01; R1 -7/01; Grand Princess - 11/01; Majesty of the Seas - 12/01; Norwegian Star - 3/02;

Carnival Triumph - 7/02;

Maasdam - 11/02; Holiday - 12/02; Millennium - 4/03; Carnival Victory - 7/03; Zaandam - 8/03; Zuiderdam - 10/03; Enchantment of the Seas - 1/04; Galaxy - 3/04

Pup --

Nope, I didn't take it the wrong way at all -- don't worry :-)

I just wish I had a really wide-angle lense to capture all of the beauty of the atrium area.

Gary Kulash

www.badelephant.com

Carnival Holiday 8/02

NCL Majesty 1/03

NCL Norway 5/25/03

NCL Sea 7/03

Celebrity Galaxy 3/04

Celebrity Mercury 10/04

Thank you for the photos. They are super.

Karen & Paul

8_3_23.gif

Galaxy B2B 10/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;16;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Mercury 03/04

Radiance 01/04

Summit 09/03, Infinity B2B Hawaii 03/03,Infinity 10/02,

Maasdam 07/02, Sun Princess 03/02,Maasdam 11/01,Statendam 07/01,Dolphin 1990?

Archived