Naples/Capri or Sorrento port on Galaxy

sallywingate

Hi

We will be on the Galaxy in June doing the eastern Med. cruise. Does anyone know if the Naples/Capri port has been changed to Sorrento, Italy? We called Celebrity and they do not know where the ship will be porting. The porttime.com reports that it will be docking at Sorrento. Is that website reliable? Sorrento looks like it is the most popular port with many ships going in there for the next few months. This makes a big difference especially when we are trying to create our itinerary for that area. Thanks for any info. that you can pass our way.

Sally :)

I saw the same thing on porttime.com and was wondering what was going on. However if you check the Celebrity Cruise itininerary it still says Naples. The shore excursions that are offered for the Galaxy are from the Naples Port. Check it out directly on their website for your particular cruising. I agree with you that if they changed to Sorrento (while Sorrento is beautiful) it would totally screw up our tour which we booked through a private tour company leaving from the Naples port.

I just called Celebrity and they told me no change had taken place. That we are still docking in Naples. We are on the 30 May sailing. Not much we can do if they change the port we too have a private tour but it would all work out Sorrento is not that far from Naples.

You would actually have to tender in Sorrento, not dock... but boy, this would be an awesome change! Sorrento is an awesome place to be for the day... even if you do have a private tour. I would rather leave from Sorrento to see Pompeii or any of the Amalfi Coast over Naples. We have done this stop twice, and still love Sorrento best.

I just called Celebrity and they told me no change had taken place. That we are still docking in Naples. We are on the 30 May sailing. Not much we can do if they change the port we too have a private tour but it would all work out Sorrento is not that far from Naples.

You don't have to book a private tour to see Sorrento. Just take the Hydofoil ferry at the dock. It costs about $20.00 round trip, and takes you to Sorrento if you like, but still better, I would suggest you take the ferry to Capri. What a marvelous island, and you can do it all in about six hours.

Ciao,

Alberto

Archived