Is this going to be a problem?-HELP!

esbie11

Ok, first of all....WOOHOOOOO!!!!! I am so happy the whole mess got worked out.

But the 2nd thing is WHAT?????? The agent said the child is not allowed to stay in a pullman? HUH? Where does it state that on the RCCL website?

Yes, yes, I know that personally, for safety reasons, I don't put MY kids in a pullman. But I have never been denied a cabin for that reason.

I know, and I am angry that the agent initially lied and said that the room could not accommodate a third person. This obviously is not the case. If it is a safety issue, she should have explained that in the first place, rather than lie and say it can't hold 3 people! Had I (and sas) not researched this on my own, I would have just told my TA to book a category L room and pay another $700!

I got an email from my TA stating that the child could be added to the parents' cabin. You were right sas, supposidly it was a safety issue regarding having a toddler on a pullman bed. When my TA initially spoke to this other group agent, the group agent simply (and falsely)said that a third person cannot be added to the room, but did not specify that the reason was because of safety and having a toddler in a pullman bed. Apparently when my TA called back to let her know that the room can accommodate 3 people, the agent then explained the safety issue. SO, he has been added with the condition that he not stay in the pullman bed, which is completely fine with the parents anyway. **sigh**

Good good good, I am glad that everything worked out. No worries, the couch or the floor will work for the baby. Pullman beds are typically over the regular bed so you could always "try" it and, if the tot fell out, they would fall onto the 'rents. You could also roll up some blankets and place them at the edge of the pullman to form a "blanket barrier"

Congrats, happy sailing, and let us know if you have any more questions!

I know, and I am angry that the agent initially lied and said that the room could not accommodate a third person. This obviously is not the case. If it is a safety issue, she should have explained that in the first place, rather than lie and say it can't hold 3 people! Had I (and sas) not researched this on my own, I would have just told my TA to book a category L room and pay another $700!

You have a bad TA, period.

Ok, first of all....WOOHOOOOO!!!!! I am so happy the whole mess got worked out.

But the 2nd thing is WHAT?????? The agent said the child is not allowed to stay in a pullman? HUH? Where does it state that on the RCCL website?

Yes, yes, I know that personally, for safety reasons, I don't put MY kids in a pullman. But I have never been denied a cabin for that reason.

Im actually wondering if esbie didnt actually introduce that "reason" to TA and then, when TA realized that she was totally in the wrong, TA grabbed that reason to give back to esbie.

It sucks when you actually have a TA and have to "help" yourself!

It sucks when you actually have a TA and have to "help" yourself!

I have one of those. :rolleyes: I booked a cruise today and faxed HER the confirmation. :eek: I need her to link it to my pre-cruise trip and thought MAYBE she might drop a perk in.

I won't hold my breath.

BTW Sas, wanna do Disney? LOL (pray for me, I might go crazy hearing it's a small world over and over again...lol)

I'm agreeing with this one.

I am trying to give my TA the benefit of the doubt, since she was just relaying info from someone else back to me. However I do feel as though she should have done her own research when this same woman gave her 2 completely different answers to the same question. 8 months ago this other agent told my TA that the child could be added to the room. Then all of the sudden the agent tells my TA that this is not possible. My TA definitely should have questioned this rather than tell me I need to book another category! I think perhaps the problem may be that my TA has not dealt with a group cruise before? I live in a small town and I doubt many folks around here book group cruises, or cruises at all for that matter. I get that this may be somewhat of a learning process for her too, but if I can find the answers then she certainly should be able to too!! She is just lucky that I am an obssessive control-freak so I catch her mistakes:cool: I agree with you all though, next time I will definitely find someone else to work with!

It's not just the issues with this room. No matter what you should be able to make your payment directly to RCCL - it should NOT be charged to the TA. Not to say that this is what your TA is doing, but it is usually a sign of a TA that is using your money to float their business. There is no legitimate reason for the credit card charge to not be made directly to RCCL.

Archived