sas80-where did you find..

the info about those certain rooms in the N category allowing 3 people? They (the parents) are already booked in room 7341!! So maybe my TA was told that that cabin accommodates 3 people at one time, and now is being told something else! Where did you see that this room will hold 3 people? I want proof to show my TA!

I just looked at the deck plans and it shows cabin 7341 only holds 2 people.

The 2008-2009 planner is wrong. The 2007-2008 one is correct, showing a pullman bed in that room. Both sas and I called RCCL to ask (confirm) that 7341 does accommodate up to 4 people, and it does. Phew! But that is why I was confused too. I knew when I booked the rooms I saw that it could accommodate a third person. The stupid planner is wrong, that's all.

Deck plans and briohures are not necessarily correct for room configurations.

We have booked 7598 on the Jewel. There are 4 of us and we wanted a room with a pullout AND a pullman, as well as the two twins of course. Online deck plans and brochure both show only the pull out, no pullman.

However, two separate emails to RCI, and a second followup call to RCI by my TA confirmed the plans are wrong.

NEVER trust the deck plans online or in the brochures.

The 2008-2009 planner is wrong. The 2007-2008 one is correct, showing a pullman bed in that room. Both sas and I called RCCL to ask (confirm) that 7341 does accommodate up to 4 people, and it does. Phew! But that is why I was confused too. I knew when I booked the rooms I saw that it could accommodate a third person. The stupid planner is wrong, that's all.

Glad that it was only that the planner was wrong. Hope the cruise goes smoothly for you. :)

Which totally begs the question - did your TA REALLY call RCCL like they said they did?

I highly doubt that a CS rep would have not looked up the room when your TA called with the request to add the third person.... After all, they dont generally consult the brochure over their computer reservation system....

We just had one instance here where a poster was being told, by their TA, that early seating was all booked up (on another sailing) over one year out. OP called RCCL and checked and, sure enough, early seating was available... painfully obvious that TA was just being lazy....

Let's hope this lights a fire under your TA's arse and lets them know that they cant be lackadaisical with your group because you are going to be watching your own back!

Which totally begs the question - did your TA REALLY call RCCL like they said they did?

I highly doubt that a CS rep would have not looked up the room when your TA called with the request to add the third person.... After all, they dont generally consult the brochure over their computer reservation system....

We just had one instance here where a poster was being told, by their TA, that early seating was all booked up (on another sailing) over one year out. OP called RCCL and checked and, sure enough, early seating was available... painfully obvious that TA was just being lazy....

Let's hope this lights a fire under your TA's arse and lets them know that they cant be lackadaisical with your group because you are going to be watching your own back!

oh that thought definitely crossed my mind. I am awaiting a phone call from her as we speak (type:p ). I'll let you know what happens!

Archived