Toronto-Rome--Which Terminal?

From Toronto, there are 4 choices for direct flights at various prices and days of the week.

Alitalia, AirCanada, Skyservice and Zoom.

At Flumincino, there are 3 Terminals--A,B and C.

AirCanada tells me that they fly into Rome to Terminal C but fly out of Terminal B back to Toronto.

The fellow at Zoom said Terminal C but didn't know if that was different on flying back.

No info at Skyservice etc

AirCanada fellow told me to look for the Lufthansa baggage checkin counters on departure and 1 of those would be assigned to A/C checkin with the A/C logo

Zoom fellow didn't know where in the Terminal to look for a Zoom checkin counter

Having never been to Rome before and anticipating a zoo on departure, I'm trying to pin down as much as possible Where to look depending on which airline we end up using

Does anyone who has used any of the above 4 airlines to go back to Toronto have any recollection of a)which Terminal they flew back from, and 2)how they located their baggage checkin counter

I don't know how much this will help you, but the ADR website for the airports says this about the terminals...

A = Domestic Flights

B = Domestic and International Flights (Schengen)

C = International Flights (Extra Schengen)

T5 = International Flights to the United States with these airlines: American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta, United Airlines, US Airways

In other words flights directly to Canada should leave from terminal C. Flights that stop in Schengen countries, like Lufthansa going via Germany should leave from terminal B.

Air Canada does indeed leave from Terminal B.

Alitalia's flight to Canada leaves from Terminal C.

Zoom's flight to Canada leaves from Terminal C.

I couldn't find SkyService, maybe because they fly on a day that isn't yet on the website. But you can check who leaves from where based on date to Toronto on http://www.adr.it/voli_search.asp?L=3&idMen=337

From Toronto, there are 4 choices for direct flights at various prices and days of the week.

Alitalia, AirCanada, Skyservice and Zoom.

At Flumincino, there are 3 Terminals--A,B and C.

AirCanada tells me that they fly into Rome to Terminal C but fly out of Terminal B back to Toronto.

The fellow at Zoom said Terminal C but didn't know if that was different on flying back.

No info at Skyservice etc

AirCanada fellow told me to look for the Lufthansa baggage checkin counters on departure and 1 of those would be assigned to A/C checkin with the A/C logo

Zoom fellow didn't know where in the Terminal to look for a Zoom checkin counter

Having never been to Rome before and anticipating a zoo on departure, I'm trying to pin down as much as possible Where to look depending on which airline we end up using

Does anyone who has used any of the above 4 airlines to go back to Toronto have any recollection of a)which Terminal they flew back from, and 2)how they located their baggage checkin counter

the intercontinental flights leave and land to terminal the C, however the several one terminal is adjacent

Last year, the Skyservice checkin at FCO was in Terminal B. I checked the FCO website and they don't show Skyservice on the list, but I know for sure that they are flying there again this summer.

Your ticket information should include which terminal to go to, otherwise call the airline's customer service department for the info.

Ok, I live in Italy, I go back to western Pa. USA at least once a year. Toronto has always been a closer airport than, Philadelphia or New York/Newark/Boston...Until last spring, I had to consider various options (including going through Chicago!!! - for now solved, Lucca is close to Pisa, Delta now has a direct flight - but this is for Tuscany, not CC, cruise ships have none starting or ending in Tuscany)---back to the subject... Zoom? No concrete info for terminals at Fiumicino? Perhaps they do not have a fixed one...Do also check Rome/Leonardo da Vinci International Airport (AKA Fiumicino). I do not question any flight arriving nor departing from Rome, only the BIG question of the fate of Italy's national airline (therefore national airports) and any problems due to such that may well indeed involve other airlines....Zoom... never heard of it...I think this will be an interesting moment for alternative airlines...but they will have to, lease terminal space or be subject to changes...

BUT is it a real problem for you (ok, price - verses time in terminal and getting to the ship, and schedule) are you getting on and off the cruise at Rome/Civitavecchia? (Obviously so, or so I hope, ,,,---and what time of year?)

Archived