Late Night Babysitting on Carnival

dweill

My DW and i are going on our first cruise next week (carnival paradise) with our 3 1/2 year old daughter. We think she will love camp carnival but we are concerned about leaving her there late into the evening. She doesn't have any real problems sleeping anywhere but we are curious about the structure of hte evening. i understand the "babysitting" (and the charges therefore) begin at 10pm (which is fine with us). Do the counselors try to get the kids to go to sleep at 9pm or so? Do they just sleep on the floor on blankets? DW and I would like to enjoy the cruise nightlife but don't want to do so to the detriment of our child. what do you think?

No, before 9pm there is no sleeping. They are doing activities. You can check out the schedules (the link is in my signature, just click on the link, then on the left click on Carnival Capers)

Honestly, be prepared to be paged. That's all I can suggest. I won't leave my kids past 10pm because they just can't handle the late nights. Some people leave their kids and have no problems. Their child will fall asleep on the floor with the blankets.

We left our kids several nights on our 7 night cruise. Some nights they were on the floor with a pillow and blanket sleeping, other nights they were running around still playing when we picked them up. I am not sure how much they encourage them to go to sleep. The nights our kids were sleeping, others were playing. I am guessing mine just got tired.

Archived