On deck in the evenings?

BeverlyS

We leave in less than a week for our first cruise, from Miami to Key West, then on to Calica! This is a Music Boat cruise and they will be having concerts on the Lido deck each evening as well as concerts in all of the other rooms....

My question is, considering where I'm heading, and being mid May, will it still stay pretty warm in the evenings during the shows? Or with the wind and speed of the ship, will it be a bit chilled?

Just trying to figure out if I should take clothes to change into something a bit warmer for the evenings each night or if my sundress or no sleeve blouses will be okay....

Any advice?

Bev

Thanks! It's so hard to think about such warm weather when I've been freezing to death in PA lately! It was only 48 today for a high and there were snow flurries in the morning.... so it's hard to imagine being warm enough in the evenings that I don't have to wear a long sleeve shirt at least! ;)

Bev

Went to the Caribbean in November. The weather was warmer in the day than at night. Only a few nights the wind was really blowing, but not enough for me to change into long sleeves or grab a jacket. The front of the ship was rwally bad though. But it was the best spot to see other ships in the distance.

I have read many times that if you are prone to getting chilly you should bring a light jacket or something longsleeve. Not for the outdoors but more for the indoors. I hear open spaces like dining rooms tend to be on the colder side.

We just got back from Key West and Cozumel. I packed a light sweater and never wore it. The outside decks were humid in the evening. There was a breeze but it felt good. The theater and dining room were comfortable. Usually I am a little chilled but I wasn't on this cruise.

Archived