Cozumel water?

NYCruiser24

Hey all,

I am so excited! only a few days left till we sail!!! One question that I had was about the water in Cozumel. I know that you can't drink the water in mexico unless you'll pay for it:D . But the question I have is about the drinks in mexico. Does this mean we can have ice in our drinks at the bar or frozen margaritas?!?!?! I should know this since I've been there before but I seem to have forgotten.

Hey all,

I am so excited! only a few days left till we sail!!! One question that I had was about the water in Cozumel. I know that you can't drink the water in mexico unless you'll pay for it:D . But the question I have is about the drinks in mexico. Does this mean we can have ice in our drinks at the bar or frozen margaritas?!?!?! I should know this since I've been there before but I seem to have forgotten.

I've been to Cozumel a number of times and have never had any problems with the water or ice...

You'll be fine!

Enjoy!

The only person I have ever seen get sickk after eating in Cozumel (notice I did not include drinking, as this is over-indulge city) was a man we met last year, he got very sick from eating something he didn't know what it was (going with the "when in Rome" theory). Just don't try anything "new", you should be fine!

Enjoy your cruise and don't sweat the small stuff!:p

As long as you use a "name" place, Senor Frogs,Carlos and Charlies, Pancho"s backyard etc, you wll be fine. Don't go to some out of the way dive and take a chance. But the larger establishments will not take a chance on losing the cruise buisness by using "bad" water or ice. We have been to Cozumel about 25 times and never had a problem.

As long as you use a "name" place, Senor Frogs,Carlos and Charlies, Pancho"s backyard etc, you wll be fine.
That is just BS. ANY restaurant you are likely to visit will ONLY be using purified water for food prep and for ice. The locals only use purified water at home.

If you stick with those "name" places, you'll miss the better part of the island.

That is just BS. ANY restaurant you are likely to visit will ONLY be using purified water for food prep and for ice. The locals only use purified water at home.

If you stick with those "name" places, you'll miss the better part of the island.

Totally agree!!

Archived