Hotel ?

fundayz

We were just assigned our hotels for our landtour. Wondering if anyone can tell us how they were?

Prudhoe Bay - Artic Caribou Inn (Did you have your own bathroom? Double bed?)

Coldfoot - Slate Creek Inn (Private Bath? Double Bed?)

Vancouver - Four Seasons

Denali - Denali Princess Hotel

Anchorage- Captain Cook

Fairbanks - Fairbanks Princess Riverside Lodge

Thanks for any info. I want to gather as much info as possible before we leave. I am so excited for my honeymoon. Thanks in advance for any info you can pass on to us:)

The Four Seasons is a 5 star centrally located hotel; likely in the top 6 hotels in Vancouver. Situated over Pacific Centre which a 3 block long, 2 level shooping mall. You will be able to walk to Canada Place, Gastown, the fashionable shops of Robson Street and many other areas and attractions of Vancouver. You could hardly do better.:)

You might want to check all these hotels out on TripAdvisor, and maybe Frommer's. I doubt you can change them, since they're part of a tour package, but at least you'll have a better idea of what to expect. Enjoy your trip, and congratulations!

I have searched for them, but wanted to know if anyone here has had experience with them. In Coldfoot and Prudhoe I read that not all rooms have private bathrooms and that most have single beds. I was hoping to hear from Princess tour groups about their experiences in those hotels. I knew going into this that the accomidations where not 4* and it will be a wonderful trip no matter what. I would just like to be prepared. Also, there is not much information on these 2 hotels in perticular. This board is always such a great source of info that I decided to take a chance and post here.

Thanks for the info. I am now really looking forward to Vancouver. It may be the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in! You guys are great!

The Captain Cook used to be the best hotel in Anchorage. It is still the only 4 star hotel in town. I say used to be because there are many new 3 star hotels in town that I would stay in first because the things that make a hotel 4 star aren't necessarily things I need. It is in a fantastic location...walking distance to many fine restaurants (and a great one in the hotel itself), great views (either of town or the inlet side...both have mountains, and be sure to check out the bar on the top floor...awesome view of the Alaska Range and Denali on a clear day). Like any 4 or 5 star hotel, the restaurants, gift shop, etc. are on the expensive side, but since you're downtown you have lots of other choices for those things. Many large meetings and convention type things are held there because of the public spaces. If you get tired of walking around downtown, the Coastal Trail is just a few blocks away over the hill towards the inlet. I know you'll enjoy your stay there.

Archived