GLORY Upper deck

peanutgirl

My wife and I were on deck 6 (Upper Deck) on the Glory a few months ago in a balcony cabin. All of the entertainment venues were right below our cabin, and the noise level from the Karokkee bar was a nightmare! We made numerious complaints to the Purser, which resulted in a monetary credit to our on board account because the ship was full. We just wanted to let you know if you want a quiet cabin on the upper deck, DO NOT get a cabin in the rear of the ship. Enjoy your cruise! Les

We had cabin 6450 which is next to the corner aft cabin on the port side. It was above the Ebony Cabaret. A couple times we heard the door to the crew stairs next to the cabin slamming, not too bad. I think the last night they had a show in the lounge we could barely hear. I didn't find it noisey at all, nothing that kept me awake, from enjoying the cabin or would keep me from booking again.

Our friends were in the corner aft and we shared a door to the hallway, this is a nice feature and makes those two cabins a little more private. We opend the divider between our cabins and enjoyed the extra long and wide aft balcony. It was great since the corner aft balcony got sun pretty well all day and our balcony had shade most of the time so we had the best of both as required.

Our cabin number was 6442. Maybe it was just our cabin not enough insulation around it or something. If you can sleep through anything or are very hard of hearing then that one would be fine, however even during the day I couldn't take a nap because they had a couple of private parties and the art auction which I heard. It was so loud that I had to turn my volume up on my tv over half way just to hear it and it went on until 1am. What was strange is I could go out in the hallway and you couldn't hear it, but in that room it was terrible. And if you laid in bed you could hear people talking like they were standing right next to the bed. That was the only time we have ever had a problem with noise in any of our cabins. Hopefully it was just a fluke. Made us aware of the possibilites on our next cruises though.

Archived