Blow up pool for toddlers??

Loving My Life

We will be traveling with our kids for the first time next May. Our kids will be 2, 4 and 6 at the time. The 2 year old will not be potty trained yet so he won't be able to swim in the pools. I've seen several posts on CC about bringing blow up pools for infants/toddlers. I've heard people use them on deck and on balconies. How do you fill them?? I know my youngest son would love to have some time in the water while on board.

Thanks for your help!

On the Voyager, in the kids area, there was this water spout/shower like thing. We just held the pool under it and filled it up that way. It took 2 of us to carry it over to the area where we wanted to put it.

In the room we filled it the same way using the shower. It still took 2 of us to carry it to the balcony.

I also requested a big, plastic, ice bucket from room service so I could fill that and walk that to the balcony and fill the pool. This took 4-5 trips.

On Carnival you can request a plastic bucket from the bar (think bucket of beer ;) ). Just take some buckets full of water out of the main pool. When you are done, empty it the same way down a shower drain (if there is one on the deck)...or look for a deck drain...OR ask a crew member if there is a janitor's sink at the pool deck.

We just returned from Carnival's Miracle and used the trash can from our room to fill the pool when it was on our balcony (we made sure the trashcan was sanitized before filling the pool - don't know if it was necessary - but didn't want to take any chances). It took 3 trips --- but was well worth the effort.

Tracey

We were on the Miracle in April & my daughter filled the blow up pool with the shower right next to the big pool. She also used it in the stateroom to bath him & when he feel asleep on the lido deck we got a couple Carnival towels to pad it & used it for a little bed. It certainly was a multi-use item. Here are a couple of pics of him in the pool:

232323232%7Ffp4323%3A%3Evq%3D3238%3E5%3C3%3E93%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D323354633%3A969vq0mrj232323232%7Ffp4323%3A%3Evq%3D3238%3E5%3C3%3E93%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D323354633%3A588vq0mrj

Those of you who used the blow up pool on the Miracle...I don't have a balcony so I can't use it there. Where exactly did you use it when you were up on deck? You didn't feel like you were in the way or anything? Crew has no problem with this?

Those of you who used the blow up pool on the Miracle...I don't have a balcony so I can't use it there. Where exactly did you use it when you were up on deck? You didn't feel like you were in the way or anything? Crew has no problem with this?
My daughter had an inside cabin. She filled it up right beside the big pool on the Lido deck. And no she was not in the way of anyone nor did the crew have any problem with her doing this. She just filled it with the shower they have there & then moved it a little bit but was still right beside the pool so she & DH could watch my other grandson who was old enough ( 3-1/2) to be in the pool. You will probably have to get there early if you want a seat near the pool if you are going in the busy season. We were on the ship in April. They do have a kid pool on the upper deck but she did not want to go there because the rest of the family, the food & music was all on the Lido deck.

Happy sailing & have a great cruise :)

Where exactly did you use it when you were up on deck? You didn't feel like you were in the way or anything? Crew has no problem with this?

I have never been on the Miracle, but on NCL, RCCL and Princess, we just move chairs around so that the pool is between our two chairs on deck. It's not in the way at all. And the crew has absolutely no problem with this. As a matter of fact, the pool bar staff has always cheerfully lent us one of the Beer Buckets to help fill and drain our tubs (pools). It helps that my husband ordered the beer to begin with... hehe.

We tried to get seats near a deck drain on the pool deck. That makes emptying it much easier. We used an inflatable tub (like the one EJ's Mom-Mom has in her post), they are compact and hardly get in the way. I would think, however, that if you tried to put a regular inflatable pool near your seats it would take up quite a bit of space an potentially get in the way. They are close to three feet in diameter and are, in my opinion, too big for the pool deck.

I just wanted to say that I didn't bring one for our son and I am glad I didn't. We wouldn't have used it at all. First off being almost 2 he wouldn't have sat in it very long and second, it just seemed like more of a hassle then anything. JMO>

I just wanted to say that I didn't bring one for our son and I am glad I didn't. We wouldn't have used it at all. First off being almost 2 he wouldn't have sat in it very long and second, it just seemed like more of a hassle then anything. JMO>

Yeah but you just got lucky (or unlucky...lol) to have a crew that didn't care. ;)

Legend *may* have a more strict crew.

Usually they DO remove the diapered kids from the pools.

Yeah but you just got lucky (or unlucky...lol) to have a crew that didn't care. ;)

Legend *may* have a more strict crew.

Usually they DO remove the diapered kids from the pools.

I didn't even bring him in the pool. DH went in once and that was it. We had too much else going on.:D

I didn't even bring him in the pool. DH went in once and that was it. We had too much else going on.:D

That happens alot to us too. Unless we are on a ship with a waterpark, the kids don't want to spend their time in the pool anyway.

And even THEN I have to drag them out of the clubs to come play at the waterpark with me. I need some kind of excuse to be an adult at the H20 zone...lol :p

Archived