What to do in Houston area post cruise?

Hi,

We are arriving back in Galveston on April 18, the weekend of the Kappa beach party and would like some suggestions of what to do in the area. The flight leaves Hobby at 7pm but we are concerned about traffic. Thanks.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;4;11;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

My advice would be to leave Galveston and head up to Kemah Boardwalk or NASA to spend the morning/early afternoon. With the beach party there I wouldn't linger too much in Galveston icon_eek.gif Kemah is a nice little place to visit with good restaurants, shopping, rides, games, etc....

Hobby Airport is an easy in/out airport. Should be painless icon_smile.gif

Chris

I would highly recommend going to NASA. They have a great museum there, and also tours of some of the buildings where they are working. It is a once in a lifetime, and Hobby isn't that far away. It would be different if you were flying out of Intercontinental.

Enjoy!

7/02 NCL Wind - Alaska (honeymoon)

7/03 NCL Star -Hawaii (1st anniversary)

10/04 RCI Legend - Panama Canal (just because it's there)

Catch the Astro's VS MIl. 1:05 start time at BEE-U-TI-FUL... Minute Maid Park..

Kemahs great,maybe new rides will be open.

NASA good also...

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=hou

http://www.kemahboardwalk.com/

http://www.spacecenter.org/

Cathy

NCL-Starward 1982

NCL-Seaward 1986

NCL-Norway 1992

Carnival-Celebration 1996

Carnival-Jubilee 2001

RCI-Rhapsody 1999

RCI-Rhapsody- 2003

Grand Princess or Rhapsody ?

netdiver.gif

Thanks to all of you! Didn't just want to do a "stop and drop" at the airport after sailing with family for an entire week. We have young children in the party (and grandparents) so we shall see. Have a good day!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;4;11;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

You're cute Texannie! No, we are local but have a wide range of relatives visitng from out of state that have to return to Hobby that night. No sense in traveling to my home in Spring and back on such a wild weekend. Too bad about the Kappa party, Moody gardens would have been perfect! Take care, gotta go pack!

Yup Houston is the 4th largest city in the Us and it's like void....

They built us an "Aquarium" with fishes I usually see at the local pet store....

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;3;6;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Navigator of the Seas/Western Caribbean 03/06

Archived