Need some help!

Paka

My DH and I are cruising to Hawaii in October. We are from Illinois, and after reading these posts have decided to fly in a day early, to be sure we don't miss our ship. Our problem.....we don't know anything about hotels in Los Angeles. We are looking for one that will have a free shuttle from LAX to the hotel and then back to airport the next morning. We will stay at the hotel and then go back to the airport the next morning to be transported to the ship. We have the Princess transfers to get to the ship from the airport. I am hoping that someone can help us find a decent hotel for the night. Thank you so much! Paka

If you want to go to the port then there are 2 good hotels in San Pedro, the Double Tree Inn and the Crowne Plaza. We have stayed at both and our favourite is the DTI but the CP is good as well.

We already have the transfers from the airport to ship, so we figured we would just stay close to the air port and get a shuttle to the hotel and then back to the airport to catch the Princess transfer to the ship. Does that sound confusing?? Right now, we just don't know what to do???

We have already purchased our Princess transfers from the airport to the ship, so we figured we ought to stay at a hotel close to the airport and just use their shuttle to get back to the airport in the morning to catch the Princess transportation to the ship. Does that sound confusing? Right now, we just don't know what to do!

Sorry....double post! : (

Cancel the transfers!! I love Princess, but they kept us waiting for 4 hrs. for our transfer to the ship. Never, ever again!!! Priceline a room in San Pedro, & take the free shuttle to the pier. Crowne Plaza is extremely close by.

I have to agree .. cancel the transfers .. tons of hotels will pick you up at airport and some to the ship .. and even if you have to take a Taxi to the ship it will beat the mess of going back to LAX to sit on a bus while they wait for several flights ..

If you want to keep the Princess transfers, we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn several years ago and found it very nice. It is within walking distance of several restaurants and a grocery store as well as having a restaurant in the hotel. It is also VERY close to the train in case you get a wander lust and want to see some of Los Angeles. We would stay there again in a heartbeat!

We ended up booking the Holiday Inn Express by LAX for the day before the cruise. They have a free shuttle to and from the airport. Thanks for all your help. Now I can relax and get excited about the cruise. Hawaii....here we come! We will be celebrating our 50th anniversary while on the ship, so this will be a very special cruise for us!

Again thank you....I love these boards!

Paka

Archived