Serenade Compass - Alaska

I posted this on the Alaska forum and haven't received a response yet. That may be because it's early in the Alaska season, but I thought I'd try here too! :D

Does anyone have copies of the Serenade Compass from this season's Alaska itinerary (7 night round trip from Vancouver)? If not yet, maybe someone who is going early in the season can post them when they return? I'm scheduled on the July 26th sailing and it will be my first cruise . . . I'd just like to get an idea about what to expect!

Thanks!

Deborah

You are in for a real treat. The Hubbard Glacier cruise is one of my favorites. We did it on the Serenade 2 years ago, and while I'm not sure where the Cruise Compasses are, I did write a review here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=374486.

Wear lots of layers, and don't miss the spectacular sunrises and sunsets this time of the year in Alaska.

Oh, and look into the US Direct program, which allows you to check in your luggage at your home airport and not see it again until it's in your stateroom.

Enjoy!

I'm leaving on the first 7-day Serenade Alaska cruise of the season on Saturday. I'll save the compasses and try to get them posted the week after (in other words, last week of May).

That would be great, thanks very much! I hope you have a great trip, and I look forward to hearing from you when you get back! ;)

Deborah

I'm leaving on the first 7-day Serenade Alaska cruise of the season on Saturday. I'll save the compasses and try to get them posted the week after (in other words, last week of May).

My brothers and sister in laws are on your cruise- look out for two late 50s guys with British accents who look alike( not twins however) even though one has lived in the USA for 30 years LOL

My DW and I went on the Serenade for our 10th in june 2006. Spectacular. We had cloudy skies off and on but managed to take a few pictures of the horizon from our balcony room at midnight. and could see the waves. and a fishing boat out about a mile. Hubbard glacier was the best, we could not get any closer than one mile from it due to ice flow currents but we still heard the Ice crack and crash. Dont pass up any photo opportunity.

I took this cruise last year. It's GREAT! What ports are you doing though? I hear they dropped Sitka, so are you doing Icy Straight?

Yes, we are doing Icy Straight, followed by Juneau and Skagway. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed last year's itinerary. I'm looking forward to it!!

Deborah

Yes, we are doing Icy Straight, followed by Juneau and Skagway. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed last year's itinerary. I'm looking forward to it!!

Deborah

I have last years, I am at work so no access to them here . But I will post the link in about 1/2 hour when I get home if you are interested in them from last year.

We just got back from a 14 night cruise

Skagway's Red Onion Saloon is a lot of fun-ask for 'Ella...

We were too early for bears at Icy Straight Point-ask if the salmon are running yet before you go on a tour there. The zip line might be a better choice.

The raptor center in Sitka was small but fun

Hubbard is incredible if you can get close.

Tell CHARLIE Robin & Stompy say HELLO-she's great.

DSCF4546.jpg.7b0295317153bc11452df61b0c53b2da.jpg

I have last years, I am at work so no access to them here . But I will post the link in about 1/2 hour when I get home if you are interested in them from last year.

Sure, I'd love to start with last year's Compasses while waiting for someone to return from this year's itinerary. Thanks in advance for posting the link when you get a chance!

Deborah

July 19, for me! Been to Caribbean a number of times but our first trip to Alaska. I even think my kids (21 year old daughter and 19 year old son) are looking forward to the trip (but not the flight out to Vancouver or back from Tallahassee!). We are flying out the 17th, will have the 18th to visit Vancouver some, will probably board as early as possible on the 19th. Have to take the red-eye back the following Saturday (ugh).

I was wondering about the schedule on this ship too. We want to book some nights in the specialty restaurants but we're not sure what time to make the reservations for. Basically, we were wondering if the shows for the late seating were after dinner or if they did several pre-dinner shows. If anyone knows this, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sure, I'd love to start with last year's Compasses while waiting for someone to return from this year's itinerary. Thanks in advance for posting the link when you get a chance!

Deborah

So sorry I got totally sidetracked when I got home the other day. Here is the link to last years though I am missing the 7th day.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/559570372yyTmbH

We too are on the 7/19/08 cruise on the Serenade, roundtrip from Vancouver. I found the past compass link informative. We have registered for the 'meet & mingle'. At last count, there were 12 registered.

This is our first alaskan cruise and we are very much looking forward to it.

We too are on the 7/19/08 cruise on the Serenade, roundtrip from Vancouver. I found the past compass link informative. We have registered for the 'meet & mingle'. At last count, there were 12 registered.

This is our first alaskan cruise and we are very much looking forward to it.

It is amazing, if you would like click on the link in my signature for pictures.

Thanks so much for posting these Cruise Compasses...especially so soon after your cruise! Fantastic! I would still be unpacking & trying to 'recuperate'. :D

We leave June 7th. I'm really excited and have been spending far too much time doing 'prep' work (surfing CC & the net for all those small details.) I like to 'be prepared'. This is only our 2nd cruise, the 1st with RCI.

Quick question...

I know the Serenade is sailing the same itinerary for the whole summer...does that mean your Cruise Compasses (for May 17th - 24th) will PROBABLY be close to what we should expect? Or does it vary from sailing to sailing?

Thanks again for the info!

CHEERS!

teresa

I'm back. Amazing cruise.

Compasses in .jpg format:

Currently uploading a pdf version and will post that in a bit.

This is great! Thanks for your help. Glad you had a good cruise, I look forward to hearing more when you have a chance to post! :)

Deborah

wildcatlh thank you for the compasses! We have read them all.

We head out in 3 months, and are obnoxiously excited!!

A few questions...

Did you do the Thermal suite? Is it worth it?

The Mystery Dinner Theater on Monday, was it a fixed menu, or can you order off the menu?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Gail & Dave :)

Wildcatlh

Glad you enjoyed your cruise and thank you for posting the cruise compass.

I am on the Serenade in September and can't wait.

I have copied your link to our Roll Call pages for those that haven't come across it here. Thanks again

Archived