A question about cave tubing...

kellieMA

Hi,

I will be in Belize on the Glory during the first week of January. I am traveling with my husband, his mother and father and his aunt and uncle. I would really like to do the cave tubing, with either Coral Breeze or Xtreme. I was wondering how physically challanging these tours are? I understand there is a 45 min walk when you arrive to the location, while you carry your tube. I know that this will not be a problem for my husband or myself (in our mid-30's). However, the other 4 people with us are all in their mid-60's. They are all in very good physical shape. I was just wondering if any portion of the cave tubing experience would be too difficult for them?

Thanks for any input you can provide!

Hello,
As long as they are o.k. doing a slow walk for 45 minutes or so, they should be o.k. The tubes are not heavy and it's just walking a path through the jungle, relatively moderate activity. However, it did get hot, so we were drinking water through our walk, but I wouldn't call it strenuous at all. We did it with Xtreme and the guide kept stoping to talk about the different trees, flowers, etc. The river is VERY mellow and shallow most of the time. AS a matter of time, most of the physical activity is from paddling to keep yourself moving. I would say that if they're in good physical condition and can walk at moderate pace for 45 minutes, they should be fine.

Archived