Better Booking W.Dam SC4185 or SC Guar?

tapia

The only SC left is 4185. Am I better booking that or a guarantee (Same price).

I guess my main question is if they'd put me in a handicapt room SC if one became available..... I'd also like an aft, but almost all of the SBs are available still.......

I know they could potentially upgrade me to an SB non-aft cabin. Are the rooms much larger than SC4185?

Thank you for your time!

It depends on whether you really want that large aft veranda.

If so, you can book 4185 and say "No Upgrade." If not you can book the guarantee, and you could end up anywhere from SC Handicapped to an SA across from the Neptune Lounge or anywhere in between. You could even be upgraded from SC 4185 if you indicate on your booking that you are willing to do so.

It's a crap shoot unless you take a specific cabin and say "No Upgrade." Some people prefer the large aft verandas and lock them in so if you want that, grab it now. The SA and SB cabins are a little larger inside with a significantly smaller veranda - still a nice size but smaller than the aft SC and SB cabins.

I know it is a tough call, but any suite is a good cabin!

The only thing I really don't want is a handicapt cabin....

If I put SC4185 and that I would be willing to upgrade, can they put me in a SC handicapt from there or would I have a chance to get put in an SB handicapt?

Thank you SOOOOOOO much for your response. I really do appreciate it.

If I was to get my "druthers" I would want an SB aft cabin. But, it's too expensive for me to directly book. *sigh*

Not SC - that wouldn't be an upgrade, but yes you could get and SB Handicapped.

Have you seen the pictures of SC4185 on the other thread? I think the name is "Westerdam SC quarantee." Also do a search for Candy. She has a link to lots of pictures of the Zuiderdam (a Vista class ship) in her signature - including a handicapped suite. The only disadvantage to those that I can see is that the toilet is in the shower.

Not SC - that wouldn't be an upgrade, but yes you could get and SB Handicapped.

Have you seen the pictures of SC4185 on the other thread? I think the name is "Westerdam SC quarantee." Also do a search for Candy. She has a link to lots of pictures of the Zuiderdam (a Vista class ship) in her signature - including a handicapped suite. The only disadvantage to those that I can see is that the toilet is in the shower.

They look like GREAT pictures. Either way, I think it's a great cabin. Guess I can't go wrong!

Thank you! It kills me that advanced search is down a lot so I can't search for Candy now....

Do you know if the handicapped suite has a tub or is it just a walk-in shower?

The only SC left is 4185. Am I better booking that or a guarantee (Same price).

I guess my main question is if they'd put me in a handicapt room SC if one became available..... I'd also like an aft, but almost all of the SBs are available still.......

I know they could potentially upgrade me to an SB non-aft cabin. Are the rooms much larger than SC4185?

Thank you for your time!

I would grab the SC 4185 if you are inclined to like an aft cabin. While this cabin is a bit smaller in size than a regular mid ship S Suite and even a bit smaller than the deck 5 cabin S Suite it has a great lay out of the cabin and is the only deck that has remained in tack of how the ship was originally built giving a nice large verandah that is mostly open. If you want more of a covered balcony I would go for a guarantee and hope you do not get one of the handicapped cabins (I personally would not want one) or chose an actual cabin number/location of a SA or SB.:)

Take 4185 - you won't regret it! (Says the author of the photos.) I know it's farther from the Neptune Lounge, but it's nice and close to the dining room; the veranda is to die for; and although the cabin is smaller than some of the other "S" suites, it's plenty big, and the added veranda space is more than enough to make up for it.

Take 4185 - you won't regret it! (Says the author of the photos.) I know it's farther from the Neptune Lounge, but it's nice and close to the dining room; the veranda is to die for; and although the cabin is smaller than some of the other "S" suites, it's plenty big, and the added veranda space is more than enough to make up for it.

I'm grabbing it!!!!!!!!!! I'm not going to put do not upgrade on it though. So, I'm going to pray & hope!

Thank you everyone!

Archived