Question about items you bring to beach

Kero Kitty

As I have noticed Sandytoes has given a great review of Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas (we may see you there Sandy), so we have decided to go with her recommendations and hit Sapphire Beach to snorkel the day away, but my concern is...what do I do with my bag and shoes that I bring along. Can we trust just leaving them on the beach or do we only bring what can go in the water with us. Are there storage lockers or anything there?

There aren't lockers at Sapphire. You might get a small waterproof carrier for cash, id; so you can take that with you. Your towel, cloths/shoes should be fine on the beach. If you are taking pricey things with you like a camera then you may want to take turns snorkeling so someone can stay with the bags, or you could ask the folks at the watersports booth if they could put your bag inside their booth; they may be willing to do that if you are renting a chair or snorkel gear from them.

--Islander

Depending on how you get to the beach that might give you options as well. We toured with Godfrey and spent 2 hrs on Sapphire beach. He will lock anything you need him to in his bus for safekeeping. I am sure that other tour operators do the same thing.

Archived