Dining on the Diamond

jandm

This topic has been written about in detail, so I hope I will be forgiven for being a slow learner. We had Personal Choice dining aboard the Sun and loved it. For that reason we chose Anytime Dining on the Diamond. After reading these boards, I am concerned that we may not have chosen wisely.
Are there any tables for two in the traditional dining room? This was our choice on the Royal and we enjoyed it.
If we stay with Anytime Dining, should we make dinner reservations for each night of our cruise immediately upon boarding? Should reservations be made by phone or in person?
Can reservations be made only within a specified time period? If so, what is that time period?
Will we have a long wait if we show up without reservations?
Is service extremely slow? Will we miss the shows?
Is there a limit on the amount of evenings we can dine in each of the dining rooms?
Is the traditional menu always available in all the dining rooms?
Once again, I beg the indulgence of those who have seen these questions previously answered.

Thanks

According to the people I've talked to, there are no tables for two in the traditional dining room. I think they sit you with other people in larger tables. The folks on these boards recommend making reservations for the entire week. We made reservations via the phone. I saw some people being turned away if they did not have reservations. We were lucky enough to get reservations for 6pm everynight. We made it to the theater before traditional. The traditional menu is always offered in the alternative restaurants.

There are NO NO NO NO NO NO tables for 2 in the traditional dining room. Please read my review for lots of details about trying to dine alone last week, or I will try to answer any specific questions you may have.

Archived