San Diego Hotels...Which areas are close to pier?

Gvizier

I just booked Sheraton Harbor island on Hotwire.com for 99.00 night plus tax for 12/5. I also checked 12/6 and the same is coming up. The cheapest rate I have seen is 259.00 plus tax, so I'm happy. Pick San Diego, then Downtown Harbor island and it will come up with two, the first one with 4 stars for 99.00 is the Sheraton, Good Luck, I have checked every week for 5 months and it just came up.

The Holiday Inn is directly across the street from the terminal, you can literally walk it. There are two or three Holiday Inns' in the marina area, I believe the one you want is the Holiday Inn Bayfront.

This hotel is a 3 star hotel in the Downtown San Diego & Harbor Island Area. May I also suggest another website to check, www.biddingfortravel.com. Here is a link with a little helpful information.

Jeano222,

How do you know what hotel on Hotwire? I would like to bid for the Holiday Inn on the Bay, which is the one that is close to the pier. Can you help?

We have stayed at the Hilton Harbor Island and the Holiday Inn and prefer the Hilton. The Hilton is newly redecorated and overlooks a marina with a lot of sail boats. Of course the Holiday Inn is closer to the pier. But the shuttle at the Hilton took us to the pier.

You might check out BiddingForTravel.com to see what hotels have been won and for what rate.

Archived