Barcelona Day tours

I fly into Barcelona next Sunday at 10.45am from London to start my cruise on the Norwegian Gem and have to be on board by 5pm. I've been offered a 3.5 hour private tour by Barcelona Day Tours which includes airport pick up and drop off at the port for myself and my Mother.

I was also considering catching a taxi straight to the ship, boarding and then getting off to look around Barcelona for the afternoon. I want to see the Sagrada Familia and the main city pedestrianised areas around La Ramblas, the Gothic quarter and possibly Park Guell if I have time.

The cost of the tour would be a total of 200euros but I've read a few negative comments about the tour company. Any suggestions on what I should do? How much will the taxis cost from the airport to the port and then to and from the city to the port? I fly back to London on the day my cruise ends so don't have any time to see Barcelona at the end of my cruise. Any advice woud be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Silverfern

I too read those comment and have my doubts. However they had the

tour I needed for montserrat for the day I needed so I booked it. They

have been very prompt about getting back to me.

Your using them before me. I don't leave till June 7th. I would really

be interested in your review of them if you book with them.

Trip advisor has some negitive comments on this company. The people

who posted did not have much history on the site, however I haven't

posted on that site very often either. The company did response, the

op with a complaint did not repost. I can't find much else on this company and it makes me a little nervous but so far my dealing with them

have been fine. They answer my emails promptly so I am going to give them a try. I am using them on June 13th for a trip to Montserrat.

The taxi cost from the airport to the port will be around 30 Euros.

You could consider the following:

1. Leave your bags at the ship and then take a taxi (15 Euros)to Sagrada Familia.

2. From Sagrada Familia, take a taxi to the Gothic Quarter (about 15 Euros) OR taxi to Placa Catalunya and walk to Gothic Quarter (just about 5 blocks) . It's a very nice area.

3.Walk back to Placa Catalunya, which as you know is at the top of La Ramblas. You could walk down La Ramblas all the way to the end and take a taxi back to the ship for about 10 Euros.

That's about all you would have time for.

Alternatively, you could do #1 above and then take a taxi to Placa Catalunya where the The Bus Turistic (Hop on Hop off bus) is located. Choose the RED LINE or Northern Route. This includes Sagrada Familia and also Park Guell stops. Last year, the cost was 19 Euros. Here is the official web site: http://www.tmb.net/en_US/home.jsp

If Park Guell is higher up on your list of things to do, you could skip everything else and take a taxi there and back to the ship.

The above plan would cost you around 110 Euros. Have fun in Barcelona. It is a beautiful city.

Thanks for all of the information. Does anyone know how easy it is to get off the ship for a few hours on the day of embarkation? The Norwegian Gem leaves at 7pm but you have to be on board by 5pm. Does anyone know if this is for everyone or do you just have to be registered and get your key cards by 5pm?

Thanks for all of the information. Does anyone know how easy it is to get off the ship for a few hours on the day of embarkation? The Norwegian Gem leaves at 7pm but you have to be on board by 5pm. Does anyone know if this is for everyone or do you just have to be registered and get your key cards by 5pm?

We are on your sailing (flying in the morning of) and are considering doing the same thing. I was told when I posted a question about this, that you could come and go from the ship. No one said how easy this is to do so I would be interested in hearing an answer on this as well.

It definitely would be cheaper to do it on your own, as suggested by the other poster. However--remember that there is ALOT of traffic in Barcelona. I'd do Las Ramblas as the last thing to do as it is closer to the port than La Sagrada.

Also, it was about 10 Euros a couple of yrs ago to go INTO La Sag....Since it is not like Notre Dame, and a work in progress, it won't take u too long to view it.

Archived