Istanbul Hotels

Takyla

We cruised on the Marina last Oct./Nov. We stayed at the White House. It is a boutique hotel with a fabulous location, buffet breakfast and staff. I cannot tell you enough about how great our visit was with this Hotel. We stayed there for four days, we will definitely stay there again. They picked us up at the airport complimentary, as we stayed for more than three days. Enjoy Istanbul, it is a fabulous place to visit. They people are wonderful, just be prepared to see lots of people smoking! I got used to NOT seeing it as much in the states. We found the White House on Trip Advisor. You might want to read the reviews. If you have any questions you may contact me at Jonisangel@aol.com I do not work for the White House!

We loved the Nena when we stayed in October! I did a Trip Advisor review because we thought so highly of them. They were very helpful in every way and printed our boarded passes for us and not only took us to the airport but made sure we had a cart and wheeled us to the first security desk (there are multiple security desks- leave a lot of time). While we didn't have a room with a view, the restaurant view was spectacular. Unfortunately I can't seem to get the file of the pictures we took of the Blue Mosque from there.

I would also note that we stayed in the Westin for the pre-cruise and thought their staff was not as warm and its location was fairly far from the Old Town where the main sights are locaated.

Lucky you! We got the ride to the airport but the guy dropped us off across the street from the main entrance. And then once we entered, were we ever confused!

But we were very pleased with the hotel, too. Nice staff, a good location.

And the view of the Blue Mosque from the restaurant IS incredible.

Mura

We're staying in a brand new Istanbul Hotel that isn't even open yet (as of my writing this).

mer3618ex.98305_tn.jpg

http://www.lemeridienistanbuletiler.com

The location is perfection and what we are really looking for in Istanbul is a swimming pool and proper air conditioning

I'm not entirely sure why you think this location is "perfection"...

It appears to be a considerable distance from the major tourist attractions.

You will be about 12+ miles from the Blue Mosque/Hagia Sophia/Topkapi Palace, etc.

On our first visit to Istanbul, we stayed at the Conrad...loved the hotel...but, we were fortunate to have booked guides/drivers for each day, so location was not crucial...and the Le Meridien is TWICE as far from the Sultanahmet District...

I think most visitors to Istanbul must ask themselves what they want to do in Istanbul and how they expect to get around.

Our last visit to Istanbul, we stayed at the Sari Konak--in the heart of the Sultanahmet...We were able to walk all over...everything was in very close distance...I think this is the area most visitors want to stay in...

I'm not entirely sure why you think this location is "perfection"...

It appears to be a considerable distance from the major tourist attractions.

We prefer not to be "on top" of the tourist attractions, particularly in a city like Istanbul where day trippers and pilgrims occasionally make life challenging, to say the least.

Pilgrimage-Hajj11.jpg

"Our guide" Levent Solmaz, will have arranged a car and a driver, so ten miles to the Grand Bazaar, with a gorgeous view of the Bosphorus is just where we want to be.

istrn_phototour49.jpg?Log=1

We've stayed at the Ciragon Palace before, on the recommendation of Oceania, and although the location was more central, we actually felt more isolated......it took half an hour just to get outside the hotel :eek:

002899-09-exterior-bosphorus-view-ciragan-palace-at-night.jpg

Hotel Amira-At the moment it is #2 on Tripadvisor. I loved this Hotel, it was one of the best highlights of our stay in Istanbul. Roof top bar, and staff that went out of there way to make you happy. Check out their reviews on tripadvisor. Have a great trip!

Booked this hotel for August 2nd. Was apprehensive after looking at so many one has to make a choice. Your information makes me feel better about it now Thankyou

Ray,

I'll e-mail you the details of our guide, Nejat, who covered Istanbul AND Ephesus. Shortly after our tour with him, he went on a transatlantic cruise to NY. He's very familiar with the cruise industry, and is a great storyteller.

We are going on an Athens to Istanbul cruise soon. Please share your contact information about your tour guide, Nejat if possible. Thanks, Bill

billpizzaiolo at gmail dot com

Archived