Andalusian Horse Centre at Jerez, Spain

We are on Independence of the Seas this summer and stop at Cadiz on Tuesday 19 August. We are planning to visit the Andalusian horse centre at Jerez. We are lucky that they have a "show" on Tuesdays.

Details here:

http://www.realescuela.org/ing/home.htm

We are a family of 4 with 2 girls aged 14 and 12 who love horses.

Could anyone who has visited please comment on whether it was enjoyable and provide any advice as to the easiest and cheapest way to get there from the port at Cadiz? Also, I would appreciate advice as to how long we should spend there.

Many thanks.

Andrew.

I have never been there, but if your kids like horses it will be a good option. They are really good at taming and make the horses do amazing things. I think those horses are those who participate in events all over Spain.

I would alllow also some time to visit Cádiz, or at least to take a walk around it, since it is a beautiful city and has got a lot of history. I guess that the cheapest way to get there would be to get a bus to Jerez and then walk. I think there are also trains. If you are taking a cab, be sure to negociate the total price before getting on. There is a map on their website (at least, on the spanish version).

Also, weather will probably be VERY hot in Jerez.

If you need more information, I have got a friend who is from the area and can ask, so just ask me.

Regards,

Francisco

I have never been there, but if your kids like horses it will be a good option. They are really good at taming and make the horses do amazing things. I think those horses are those who participate in events all over Spain.

I would alllow also some time to visit Cádiz, or at least to take a walk around it, since it is a beautiful city and has got a lot of history. I guess that the cheapest way to get there would be to get a bus to Jerez and then walk. I think there are also trains. If you are taking a cab, be sure to negociate the total price before getting on. There is a map on their website (at least, on the spanish version).

Also, weather will probably be VERY hot in Jerez.

If you need more information, I have got a friend who is from the area and can ask, so just ask me.

Regards,

Francisco

Many thanks for your reply which is very helpful. Could you direct me to a website (in English!) which shows train or bus options (and how to get there from the ship) and how to walk to the Horse Centre from the train or bus stop in Jerez? Perhaps we will need a cab once we get to Jerez? We are planning to see the horses in the morning and just wander around Cadiz in the afternoon. It sounds like a beautiful city.

The website map does not seem very helpful as it's too general. I need details!

Please bear in mind that, unfortunately, I do not speak any Spanish so I do want to plan reasonably carefully!

Regards and thanks again.

Andrew.

Archived