Belize-Grand Princess only 6 Hours

magnumcoog

Grand Princess is only in port for 6 hours. Since we must tender this probably only leaves 4 hours in the port. Is there anything that can be done in this short of a time in port? I really do not like to do ship excursions, but maybe I will need to consider.

My new wife and I will be on the Grand Princess-November 13 cruise. This is the first cruise for both of us. I've been reading posts on CC for about 8 months now, and it seems many people say it is much better to do an excursion in Belize. From what I gather, there just isn't a lot to do if you don't take an excursion. We are doing excursions on our own at the other ports on this cruise, but decided to do a Princess Shore Excursion at Belize. With the time crunch, we decided it was much safer to do this. If the excursion with Princess is late, the ship will not leave you there. If you do an excursion on your own, and it is late returning, the ship could leave without you. Also keep in mind that sunset in November will be at 6 pm, or even earlier, depending on when you are there.

Just my $0.02.

Lee

I looked at some of the excursions that Princess offers, and one states that the length of the excurison is 6.5 hours, but we are only in port 6 hours. There were some others in the 5 to 5.5 hour range. Just does not seem like much time to do anything. We are going in March so sun should be up for about 12 hours.

Not all of the Belize excursions available on the Princess Webpage are available for the Grand Princess because of the time crunch. You'll see that when you are able to view your available shore excursions on the Cruise Personalizer in a couple of months. None of our available excursions in Belize are longer than 5 hours. We had a choice of 20 excursions, but the Princess brochure for Belize excursions shows 25 available. Those missing 5 have to be the ones longer than 5 hours.

Lee

Archived