Back today off Independence of the Seas - any questions?

:confused: I am sailing on the Mariner on Sunday and was under the impression that the auto tip was available. But you mentioned they also left envelopes for you to disperse $$. I have given my steward something extra on a previous line but are you saying that I will have to give addtional $$ even though I use auto tip??

Yes the auto tip option is also available.

From the RCI website:

What Not To Pack

For the safely of our guests, the following items are not allowed onboard: Electrical Transformers, Coffee Makers, Candles, Irons, Illegal Drugs, Flammable Liquids and Explosives, such as fireworks. For security purposes, we also recommend not packing any valuables (such as jewelry) in your checked luggage.

There was only a kettle provided with the usual sachets of coffee, tea, milk etc. Apparently they have provided these for the UK market, don't know if it will change when they change to the Caribbean itinery.

Thanks For The Reply I Think We Will Use The Cash Option, And One More Thing Did You Find The Bar Prices Resonable Or Do We Need A Bank Loan ,lol,

I found that the bar prices worked out to be about the same as UK. Only difference is you always get larger measures than UK so a vodka and coke for example was like having the equivalent of a double/treble in the UK. Still have receipts somewhere so I can dig them out and let you know if you like.

Arrived back today from the Canaries cruise. What a fantastic ship. Any questions please ask and I will hopefully be able to answer them.

Hello brunswick,

Have you got any exterior pictures of the Independence whilst in dock, as I would like to try and spot my cabin? :)

Hello brunswick,

Have you got any exterior pictures of the Independence whilst in dock, as I would like to try and spot my cabin? :)

Have some on camera and also my phone, trouble is not had time to upload yet as back in work, if weather bad this weekend will do then, if sun appears will be in garden. Will do eventually though.

Have some on camera and also my phone, trouble is not had time to upload yet as back in work, if weather bad this weekend will do then, if sun appears will be in garden. Will do eventually though.

Look forward to seeing the pics, heard it was going to rain this weekend??:D

• 1 month later...
Arrived back today from the Canaries cruise. What a fantastic ship. Any questions please ask and I will hopefully be able to answer them.

Hi we are booked on this cruise next year - we are going with another couple. We travelled on the ship -Med Treasures 31/5/08 so we know we love the Independence but a lot of cruisers have said the ports on the Canaries cruise are not as good. We have booked a balcony ( we had prom last time) We are hoping that as Canaries will be warm ( going Sept 02 09) we will be able to sit out and have breakfast on balcony( Hubby is hoping to spot some dolphins which we missed last time!!). What did you think of the ports and any advice on best shore excursions/ bars etc.

Debbie

Archived