Free cruise with RCL points question

My goal is the 125,000 free cruise for 2010, but I have a questions. Can I book the cruise now with a deposit and get the cabin I want then apply the point to pay for the cruise at a later date? How does this work? If I can do this will I get my deposit back?

Hi,

I have booked cruises before accumulating all of the points needed. You pay your deposit at time of booking and then you can redeem your points when you get them. If you make your final payment before the points are applied, they will just credit you back on that credit card.

I think once you call to redeem the points, you have a 180 days (?) to apply it.

I have a 4-night cruise my DH and I are going on. We are using 50,000 points. I requested and sent in the certificate, but it has not been applied yet. I paid the final payment, but them we will be credited it back, making the cruise practically free.

One pointer is to book a cabin in one category above the minimum ocean view. You will have to pay the difference, but this way the cruise counts as a cruise for any past guest bonuses and statuses. As long as you pay even $1 more than the min, price it counts as a cruise credit.

When you do call the bank to get the cert. be sure to get the cert. number so you can give to it RCL when you call to get it applied. Also, photocopy your cert. before mailing it in.

Good luck and happy charging (to get up to 125,000)!

My goal is the 125,000 free cruise for 2010, but I have a questions. Can I book the cruise now with a deposit and get the cabin I want then apply the point to pay for the cruise at a later date? How does this work? If I can do this will I get my deposit back?

Archived