Oosterdam for us?

niso2

Please help me decide on our next trip. We are a family of 4 and have traveled on Princess, NCL and Carnival (never again!) with our kids. Our kids are 4 and 7. We have a deposit on NCL Star- which we sailed on in March.

My question is - Hal looks so much better in terms of quality and service, should we switch? Generally, we like to eat at really nice resturants- with the kids- as they have been "trained" for this type of expierence.

Thank you for your input.

We sailed on the Zuiderdam in February with our whole family which included three grandchildren, 15, 7 and 4. They ate with us every night in the dining room, went to some of the shows, had a wonderful time at Half Moon Cay, and went to Club Hal probably about one time a day, which they enjoyed also.

There were not a lot of kids on the ship, but they had a wonderful time. They loved the Lido Buffet with the ice cream and cookies:) but also did very well in the dining room.

There is not as much for them to do as on some other lines, but we all loved our cruise on the Zuiderdam which is the same class ship as the Oosterdam.

Hope this helps a little in your decision:)

Some people think HAL cruisers are anti-kid, but here's one who says - if your children are well-behaved and well-supervised, and know how to act in a nice restaurant and be polite to adults - then by all means, do bring them on. You will all have a wonderful time, and I for one am always happy to see children's smiles and hear their laughter. Club HAL generally gets good reviews, too.

I saw plenty of kids on our sailing on the O. this past week. The food was very good.

There are 2 pools, ping pong tables, basketball court and plenty listed to do for kids.

I saw all age groups and all seemed to be having a great time.

Archived