New Cruiser with Flight Questions!

soontobecc

Hi!

My Fiance and I are sailing on the Mariner in August for our honeymoon and we booked our flight through RCCL. We won't get our flight information until 30(?) days out, but after reading the thread on here about the woman whose daughter & friend barely made their ship after a delay with Jet Blue - I've become very nervous about when RCCL will schedule our flight.

Obviously I know they will schedule it so we will get in on time, but does anyone with prior experience of doing this know how much of a buffer they will give you? We are coming all the way from Seattle (to Orlando) and will probably fly overnight on the 9th and arrive at some point the morning of the 10th. What happens if there are flight delays? I guess I am just looking for some reassurance that RCCL will take care of us and make sure we get into FL with plenty of time to get to the port and board the ship!

Also - are there certain airlines that RCCL typically books through? I know some of the airlines have luggage restrictions now and wanted to know if ours would be one of them.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Either book it your self OR use custom air which will cost you 75$ and then YOU get to choose your flights and times and routing (least number of stops or non-stop ) if possible. I would never leave this up to RCCL as they will pick the cheapest not the most convenient. Their flights are booked to get you there in time but NO airline or cruiseline can account for weather or mechanical delays. If at all possible go in the day before. And most of the airlines have the new restrictions but you are still ALLOWED to bring the extra luggage you just have to pay for it.

The only problem I see with booking ourselves is that airfare has gone up dramatically since last November when we locked in our rate - the airfare cost on our RCCL reservation is just around $500pp...I'll look on Orbitz, Expedia, etc. but I'd be surprised if we could still go from Seattle to Orlando at that rate.

However, if we were to book ourselves, what are our options for getting from the airport to the port?

I'll look into the $75 choose your own flight too...is that a flat fee or $75/person?

The only problem I see with booking ourselves is that airfare has gone up dramatically since last November when we locked in our rate - the airfare cost on our RCCL reservation is just around $500pp...I'll look on Orbitz, Expedia, etc. but I'd be surprised if we could still go from Seattle to Orlando at that rate.

However, if we were to book ourselves, what are our options for getting from the airport to the port?

I'll look into the $75 choose your own flight too...is that a flat fee or $75/person?

Sorry I should have said 75$ per person. I would check sidestep.com which I am seeing 477$ per person on US Air with one stop and it will get you to MCO at 9:26 am. And you can buy RCCL transfers separately or rent a car to drive to PC or there are other options which you can find the details of on th East Coast departure board.

I just checked flights and they are cheaper than what we are paying through RCCL.

Actually, we are getting married and leaving for our HM from Seattle - but we will be living up in Anchorage. The plan was to buy a couple of one way tickets to Anchorage once we got into Seattle - but it is actually much cheaper to cancel our flights through RCCL and do a Seattle to Orlando, and then Orlando to Anchorage ticket.

I'll look into the transfers, neither FI or I are 25 yet and it may be too expensive to rent a car since we are "under age". Thanks again for the help! I really appreciate it.

Sorry I should have said 75$ per person. I would check sidestep.com which I am seeing 477$ per person on US Air with one stop and it will get you to MCO at 9:26 am. And you can buy RCCL transfers separately or rent a car to drive to PC or there are other options which you can find the details of on th East Coast departure board.

The fee is correct of $75.00 per person, but could also include any additional air costs above the original price of air booked thru the cruiselines. Many folks don't know this.

We were looking into rental cars for our son who is also under 25. They now have a "fee" they charge, I think it is 25$ to rent the car. So at least that may be an option.

Macwoman

Archived