beach in Acapulco and cliff divers

Majesty Fan

Hubby and I are on the PC with the Serenade in Oct/Nov. We have all day there and want to do the cliff divers on our own and do the beach. I hear the divers are at 1pm. How long does it take to get there from the ship? Txi or walk? What is the cost of the taxi? Is there a nice beach nearby too? How far from the ship?

Lexi

I've been to see the divers many times, day and night - and I strongly recommend seeing the performances in daylight and from the viewing platforms or stairway down to the water's edge.

If you take a taxi from the terminal to where the divers perform - at an area known as La Quebada - the trip should take no more than 10-minutes unless you're there at one of the particularly busy holiday periods - Christmas/New Year of Easter. If you enjoy walking, you can make the trip on foot in 30-minutes. I almost always walk from an area almost adjacent to the terminal - Plaza Juan Alvarez (most frequently referred to as "the Zocalo").

Most people probably take a taxi from the terminal and the cost if you use the regular city taxi's should be less than MX$40/50 (depending upon how large the taxi is) - that's about US$5 for the car-full. Terminal-affiliated taxi's are the most expensive and will cost as much as twice what regular city taxi's charge (though I'm not certain of the exact fee they're charging now).

There's no beach at La Quebrada - the closest is probably at La Angosta, a pretty and almost secluded bay 'around the corner' from La Quebrada - but probably a 30-minute walk. It's my favorite beach in Acapulco.

Archived