Fascination cabin V1 question

merrycali

Anyone ever stayed in cabin V1 on the Fascination? If so, how did you like it? Can anyone tell us about the Verandah cabins in the front of the ship.

Hubby and I are going June 9th, celebrating our 15th anniversary!

Anyone ever stayed in cabin V1 on the Fascination? If so, how did you like it? Can anyone tell us about the Verandah cabins in the front of the ship.

Hubby and I are going June 9th, celebrating our 15th anniversary!

It's the most quiet deck on the ship.:) For two people it should be nice. The Balcony's are VERY tight as they measure 10 by 3. I have not stayed in the Cat 11, I took the Cat 12 however my friend on the same trip (Inspiration-sister ship) Had a Cat 11 # V-15 and his room location was perfect ! To far back and you have life boats blocking your view, To far forward (As V-1) people can look right into your cabin from the observation deck right next to it. If people were crazy enough they could actually jump onto your Balcony from the stairs that run upward right next to your Balcony. The good news is that you only have one neighbor being in V-1 and your view from that Balcony to the ocean is a great one ! On our cruise the Cat 12 was only $200.00 more then the Cat 11. If that was the Case I would say if it was do-able ($)to upgrade to the Cat 12 as you get 110 more sq ft of space including a walk in closet and large bathroom with a jet tub and a 14 by 5 Balcony with a much closer view of the ocean, Not better just different.. Either way you will be fine and congrats on the BIG 15 !! SOOOO many of us never made it that far.:D Have Fun..

It's the most quiet deck on the ship.:) For two people it should be nice. The Balcony's are VERY tight as they measure 10 by 3. I have not stayed in the Cat 11, I took the Cat 12 however my friend on the same trip (Inspiration-sister ship) Had a Cat 11 # V-15 and his room location was perfect ! To far back and you have life boats blocking your view, To far forward (As V-1) people can look right into your cabin from the observation deck right next to it. If people were crazy enough they could actually jump onto your Balcony from the stairs that run upward right next to your Balcony. The good news is that you only have one neighbor being in V-1 and your view from that Balcony to the ocean is a great one ! On our cruise the Cat 12 was only $200.00 more then the Cat 11. If that was the Case I would say if it was do-able ($)to upgrade to the Cat 12 as you get 110 more sq ft of space including a walk in closet and large bathroom with a jet tub and a 14 by 5 Balcony with a much closer view of the ocean, Not better just different.. Either way you will be fine and congrats on the BIG 15 !! SOOOO many of us never made it that far.:D Have Fun..

Good explanation Mr. Jailerman!

merrycali,

Click on this link/thread here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=298868

You can see a lot of actual pictures, floor plans, and various reviews of pros and cons on that link.

You can make an educated decision from there.

Archived