Upgrades...

L2J

Yes, I used the search feature - didn't find what I was looking for. That being said....

I realize it still may be a little eary but...I booked a cat BD on the Caribbean Princess and am hoping that the upgrade fairy will come to visit me. When do you normally find out if you've been upgraded??

Anytime from right now up until the last few days before you sail. Sorry, can't shorten the timeframe any for you, but that is a question that really doesn't have an answer. Just keep an eye on the PP right up until you leave.

The PP??

Got it. I've been checking that freqeuently.

Honestly not trying to get something for nothing but it would be nice to see if I will get an upgrade. I booked the cabin I wanted, well actually it was my second choice so if I don't get one no biggie.

Just curious about upgrades. If you have a cabin assigned because it was not a category guarantee, then you are not eligible for an upgrade - Is that correct? This is the line in my personalizer, but I would assume that is because I booked a cabin - not a guarantee:

UPGRADE NOTIFICATIONS

There are no upgrade notifications for this passenger.

Or is this a generic response until an upgrade is available? I'm not trying to get my hopes up unnecessarily. I'm really just trying to understand the workings of Princess and this personalizer for future reference.

That's just a generic response on the personalizer. Your TA has a box to fill in with your booking that indicates whether or not you'd be willing to accept an upgrade. The default setting is that you will take one.

You can be upgraded no matter how you book. Guarantee bookings are often reassigned to higher categories to make room for more recent bookings. Usually it's the same type of cabin, just on a different deck. In some cases, the location and/or balcony size might be more preferred, and sometimes not. The biggest variation is in the balcony cabin (B) categories, at least on the Grand class ships. This is a very common occurrence with guarantees. Some TA's in the past told their passengers they'd secured the upgrade, when in fact it was a cabin reassignment. Thus, there is a lot of confusion.

Archived