Actual time in port "Florence on your own"

Good Evening Everyone,

I need a little help please, we are booked on the Carnival Freedom in July. I just booked the Florence on your own tour and it states that the tour is 9 hours - 8:30AM to 5:30PM. Please forgive me if this is a stupid question :eek: - but is 5:30PM the time the bus is back at the ship or is that the time the bus leaves Florence? I am trying to book museum tickets and most of the morning slots are full.

Thanks for any help,

Christy

I would say definitely back at the ship by 5.30pm. It is about 1 hour and 10 mins from Florence to Livorno and with dinner sittings etc. they would not wait until that late to return through the horrendous Florence traffic. Also check that you have sufficient time in Florence. Many of those "on your own " tours give you about 4 hours in Florence, and 1 hour in Pisa. Include the travel and you have 9 hours total.

I am trying to book museum tickets and most of the morning slots are full.

Thanks for any help,

Christy

On our Florence on your own trip, we arrived at approx. 10:15 and left at 3:45. Traffic was very busy getting out of the port which resulted in the late arrival in Florence. When we arrived, we walked approx. 2 blocks with our bus group to the spot where we were to meet again for the return trip (Santa Croce Church.) We booked tickets at the Accademia for noon which worked out well as it gave us some time to do a bit of sightseeing and then find our way to the Accademia.

Many of those "on your own " tours give you about 4 hours in Florence, and 1 hour in Pisa. Include the travel and you have 9 hours total.

You will only have 1 hr in Pisa IF YOU TAKE the Florence and Pisa On Your Own tour.

If you take the Florence On Your Own tour you will only visit Florence.

These are two different tours.

You will only have 1 hr in Pisa IF YOU TAKE the Florence and Pisa On Your Own tour.

If you take the Florence On Your Own tour you will only visit Florence.

These are two different tours.

So with Florence on your Own how much time would we have in Florence?

Thank you.

Kathy:)

So with Florence on your Own how much time would we have in Florence?

Thank you.

Approx. 5 hours:

On our Florence on your own trip, we arrived at approx. 10:15 and left at 3:45.

• 1 year later...

Do all the cruise lines drop passengers off at Santa Croce church area and pick up at the same place?

We will be on RCI's Brilliance of the Seas in August and have booked Florence On Your Own.

Thank you.

Buses can't get in and out of a lot of spots. That seems to be the most popular stop. It will say in your ship's excusrsion description.

Great. Thank you.

Archived