Next Cruise downpayment plus payment??

If this question has been asked before please forgive me BUT we decided to cancel the "next cruise" that we put money down on plus the necessary downpayment to hold the cabin etc. Am I right to assume that RCI will keep the $200 but return the rest of the downpayment since the final payment is not due for sometime???

We really can't decide where to go and don't want that money to be "outstanding". I know the $200 will be good for 3 years but would like to see the other cash in our own account. I know someone out there knows the answer and I thank all of you for your responses.

Carol

Sorry I don't know the answer, but I am a bit confused. If this was "next cruise", why did you have to pay more than the $200? We paid $200 last summer & will receive on board credit & there was no time limit on when we must book. I don't understand why there was a downpayment required if you hadn't decided what cruise you wanted to take. Just curious.

We put the $200 down while on the ship. We booked a cruise when we came home but are thinking of cancelling it. When you book a cruise they want the downpayment then. My DH says let them keep it that way until we decide on where we want to go. We have a 14 day Alaska booked but I'm the one that is undecided!! We have been to Alaska and it is beautiful. '09 is our 45th wedding anniversary year and I was thinking a little warmer:) maybe return to Hawaii.

Why not just keep your booking for now and then when you decide where you want to go just transfer the booking number to your new cruise. Since the cruise isn't until next year you don't have to worry about final payment or anything. Have fun planning that one of my favorite things to do. Debbie

If I understand correctly, you used your Nextcruise to make a reservation, and now you want to cancel.

My expectation is that you will get a refund of the deposit in excess of $200, and that the Nextcruise will still be available for another reservation within the 3 year period.

BTW, next time you do a Nextcruise, buy it in one name only. That way it only costs $100, but you get all the same benefits.

Thanks for your help!! Good idea about doing the next cruise in one name. I think I'm going to let it stand as it is and search for something (hopefully a "deal"). I'm always looking for a bargain you just never know when they will pop up. I only wish RCI would change the itineraries around.

Thanks again. PSCruiser where in Central Pa. do you live if I may ask?? It sure is a beautiful area. Been up there many times.

Carol

Archived