Were We Overcharged on Fuel Supplement?

DH and I have a TA cruise in November 2009, for 13 days. The fuel supplement is $208? I thought it was a max of $70/per guest per cruise according to what I read on the RCCL website?

Can someone tell me how the charge is done? Are they correct in the $208? Thanks.

DH and I have a TA cruise in November 2009, for 13 days. The fuel supplement is $208? I thought it was a max of $70/per guest per cruise according to what I read on the RCCL website?

Can someone tell me how the charge is done? Are they correct in the $208? Thanks.

It changed May 1. It is now $8/person/day with a max of $112 pp per sailing.

You charge is $8 x 13 = $104 per person.

The charge is correct unless you booked prior to May 1.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentPage.do;jsessionid=0000BG0ipPO6mbhpTjU_FRtnmsz:12hdhu6tq?pagename=fuel_supplement

Here is the current wording -

"Note: For all North America reservations, a fuel supplement of $8 per person, per day for the first 2 guests in a stateroom (subject to a max. of $112 per person) applies; each additional guest in the stateroom will be charged $3 per person, per day (subject to a max. of $42 per person)."

Found here - http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000_LTHBGodC6v4Hvo8Bz1Xmkl:12hdhubrs?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Before+You+Purchase&faqId=225&faqSubjectId=322&faqType=faq

Sounds like that might be combined with the taxes and some other fees. Call your TA to get the breakdown of the charges.

Archived