Dawn question - dining reservations first night?

caggfamily

We're set to sail on the Dawn on June 29. My husband and I have been on many other cruises but it will be our first NCL cruise. I'm a bit unsure of how the freestyle dining works, especially since we'll be part of a group of 10 (6 adults, 4 kids). We'd like to eat in one of the specialty restaurants the first night to celebrate a special occasion. How can I make a reservation for the first night? We're only booked in regular outside cabins.

Any other hints from all you NCL freestyle verterans would be appreciated too. Thanks!

As soon as you embark into the Atrium turn left. You will see one or two crew personnel standing directly in front of, and facing, the Customer Service Counter. They take dinner reservation for the first evening and thereafter for all the specialty restaurants.

jay

We will be on our 2nd NCL cruise in August and compaired to the others, we really like "Freestyle Dining". I hope you do too. We wanted to try the specility restruants this time and I stumbled on to an artricle about the "Romance Package". It sounded like a good deal so I called and booked it. I wasn't sure what it included so I posted. I am really surprised according to this answer.

Originally Posted by Lubbock2006 viewpost.gif

Glad you posted the question. I booked the "Romance" package on our upcoming "Star" cruise but I now have questions. How does the restruant know that you are entitled to the benifits? I thought the package was mostly wine but what else is included?

There should be a "letter" in your cabin when you embark - or shortly after which you then have to bring to LeBistro (make a reservation first) when you dine. Not a problema at all. The Romance package includes a bottle of sparkling wine, chocolate covered strawberries, served in your room (usually at embarkation) Dinner for 2 at LeBistro including a bottle of house wine, the waiters will come and sing "Let me call you Sweetheart" during dinner (or Happy Birthday) - serve a 1 layer cake (which you can take back to your room if you like) There will be a "Party" timining of which will be in your letter - cake and champagne (one glass) Free 8x10? photo - taken during the party. It's a great package we use it every time we sail.

To me this is a great way to try out LeBristo at a dandy price. Not to say that NCL is the best,, but it's the best we have tried.

Also, since you are a group of 10, remember that if you want to be guaranteed a table to eat together every night in one of the main dining rooms, you can make a reservation there too. They normally don't accept reservations in those dining rooms but will for groups over 8 people.

Have a great trip!

First night we made reservations, but we didn't need them...

Go IMMEDITALY ACROSS FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK, its a little desk near the Java Cafe, right near the model of the ship, the ladies behind there are for reservations............

REservations are usually taken no more than 24 hours in advance (once on board) for standard rooms and 48 hours in advance for suites+.

It's now 48 hours for balcony and above.

When we boarded we didn't bother with the line at the reservation desk. We just picked up a phone at the customer service desk, hit the Reservations button and made a dinner reservation for that night.

We're set to sail on the Dawn on June 29. My husband and I have been on many other cruises but it will be our first NCL cruise. I'm a bit unsure of how the freestyle dining works, especially since we'll be part of a group of 10 (6 adults, 4 kids). We'd like to eat in one of the specialty restaurants the first night to celebrate a special occasion. How can I make a reservation for the first night? We're only booked in regular outside cabins.

Any other hints from all you NCL freestyle verterans would be appreciated too. Thanks!

The last 2 freestyle cruises we were on, NCL gave out coupon books (my TA sent me some) and one coupon was always a 1/2 price at any specialty resturant on the FIRST night only. That is the tip that they have trouble getting these filled up the first night. As the other posters said, just go straight to the reservations counter, deck 7 mid-ship opposite the pursers' desck, right next to the model of the Dawn- can't miss it..

Have fun!

Archived