Holiday

progcas

Yes, there is mini-golf and there is a water slide. I think it is a fairly nice ship. It depends on what you mean by nice - if you are talking about the overall physical condition of the ship it is probably below average compared to the rest of the Carnival fleet. It is showing its age. However, the food and crew are generally considered excellent.

You will find tons of threads on here about the Holiday if you do a search. Bottom line to me is that it is a good value and it is a cruise!!

Yes, there is mini-golf and there is a water slide. I think it is a fairly nice ship. It depends on what you mean by nice - if you are talking about the overall physical condition of the ship it is probably below average compared to the rest of the Carnival fleet. It is showing its age. However, the food and crew are generally considered excellent.

You will find tons of threads on here about the Holiday if you do a search. Bottom line to me is that it is a good value and it is a cruise!!

Thanks! That's what I was looking for. My husband and son had a blast playing mini-golf on our last cruise, so I wanted to make sure this ship has it also.

Thanks.

I just returned from our first cruise. The ship itself is old but we commented several times on the crew constantly cleaning and painting, very well taken care of. The crew and staff are top notch and recently received the CCL award for such. IF you are into all the bells and whistles Holiday probably isn't for you. But for a nice kick back and relax be pampered cruise it is definately the way to go. It does have mini golf, a water slide, a couple of pools, a two hot tubs, one being adults only and never saw a child in it. As a matter of fact, hardly saw a child aboard even though there were 175 on ship. I will be posting a review on the review board tomorrow.

cruze since Fall '06..with 4 more this year. Won the Semi-final Drawing for thr 7 day freebee for 2. You'll fine more pors than cons on this "little" gal. Will be sorry when she hits the high seas abroad. But will still cruze from Mobile. Great staff and crew, always. I've made many friends of crew and staff. Never a bad cabin..get upgrades often. I cruz solo, and have to pay the supp. But for thr $'s $pent, you can't beat it. Vibrarations, yes, so is my car, sometime colored water, goes away...food, this cruze was the best ever, for what ever reason. I got to sit with CCL, Miami personnel, and meet Gerry Cahill, CEO..we had a great conversations. They asked my opinions on several issues. He is very approachable, I fouond, and as many staff said also. NO, it isnt a mega ship..I dont get anything out of Atriums, golf, rock walls or even one pool. If my name is chosen for the winner of MAY cruzing..It will probly be the Glory..close to home, and East Carib. It al depends on what you look for in a cruze. Do the research, and decide..These boards are a great help...lucky

Holiday is virtually identical to Celebration in both size and deck layout, so you will be in familiar surroundings. For an old guy like me, it seems like a mere blink since Holiday was the biggest new-build in over 30 years. She came in at 46,000 tons in 1985, then it started looking like an auction. RCI brought out the Sovereign of the Seas three years later at 70,000, and Carnival matched them with Fantasy in 1990, then raised them with the first 100,000 ship in 1996. RCI's Voyager debuted in 1999 at 138,000, and Carnival has not seen fit to play the tonnage game since then. RCI, however, will be launching a man-made island sometime next year.

So in the space of fourteen years, the industry's largest tripled in size, and in one year from now [24 years total] will have almost quintupled. Sort of like a really good aggressive mutual fund.

Archived