La Quinta Miami Airport East Review

Just wanted to post a review on subject hotel in case anyone is looking for a good value to stay at day prior to cruise.

I booked online at $119, but checked back occasionally and got the rate down to $89 a nite. For $89 bucks DH and I got:

Transportation from airport to hotel. At the baggage claim area they had a kiosk with different hotels in the areas and phones to pick up and call them. We lucked out and got a shuttle as soon as we walked out, even though the front desk said it would be 15 minutes...........

Hotel room was clean, no problems whatsoever, didn't pay much attention to rest of hotel as I wasn't there long. There is a boarded up resturant as you drive in to hotel which makes it look cheesey, but besides that it was fine.

We walked next door to Bennigans for dinner.

They offer a free breakfast in the a.m. We didn't partake because we were meeting friends for breakfast at the I-hop five minutes away, but we saw a waffle maker, so it is probably a decent breakfast.

Then the best part was the free shuttle to the port. It was a greyhound type of bus and was full as the Victory (us) and Valor were leaving.

The boarding process and luggage all went great, driver was very friendly and gave us great instructions and loaded our luggage, etc etc.

About a 15-20 minute drive to the port.

We also signed up for the same company to pick us up at the port and take us the airport on return for $10pp. When we came out of ship we couldn't find them, we had a number to call (and did-got voicemail, left msg) but were waiting and waiting (15 minutes), finally a port guy asked me if I needed a cab (I must have looked lost) and when I showed him my sticker he went and got the driver, we must have missed him or he didn't have a sign, but if you do this just check with a Port worker, they will help you. $10pp for the ride to airport we thought was great.

Not a luxury hotel, but a great value, I would stay there again for my next cruise, you can't beat all the included transportation!

rls

Glad to hear that. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Biscayne Blvd and found it very nice location. However we paid a lot of money for that room. So with our next cruise maybe we will check it out as we will be travelling with our children. Thanks for the review!

Archived